error code: 0x800703e7

During start up the following error message pops up:
Windows Product Activation
A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking
the license on this computer. Error Code:0x800703e7.

I've been working with windows xp for almost a year and
have never had any problems of this magnitude while
dealing with this software. I called manufacturing
company of my computer and was told to save all documents
and files onto cds and reformat my computer but the e
drive is not working properly. It will not read or
detact CD-R's. How does one get first elimate the error
code and secondly fix the e drive?
1 answer Last reply
More about error code 0x800703e7

    Possible Resolution:

    Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and hit enter.
    Then go again to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 licdll.dll , and hit enter again.

    Apparently, and I can't say how, the above files became unregistered.

    Also review:

    Visit http://www.mcse.ms/message45251.html for troubleshooting
    suggestions.

    Error Message Cites License-Checking Issue After Upgrade
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;310794

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Kat" <KATRINASMI@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

    | During start up the following error message pops up:
    | Windows Product Activation
    | A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking
    | the license on this computer. Error Code:0x800703e7.
    |
    | I've been working with windows xp for almost a year and
    | have never had any problems of this magnitude while
    | dealing with this software. I called manufacturing
    | company of my computer and was told to save all documents
    | and files onto cds and reformat my computer but the e
    | drive is not working properly. It will not read or
    | detact CD-R's. How does one get first elimate the error
    | code and secondly fix the e drive?

Computers Windows XP