How to repair bad harddisk block ?

Hi guys, is there anyone can tell me how to repair the
bad block of harddisk? My laptop which runs WinXP Pro SP1
currently experiences such problem as the hard-disk often
stops responding, quite annoying! Is there any command I
can use except format.exe ? Thanks :p

John Shen said in news:1c23101c45270$8f9f67e0$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> Hi guys, is there anyone can tell me how to repair the
> bad block of harddisk? My laptop which runs WinXP Pro SP1
> currently experiences such problem as the hard-disk often
> stops responding, quite annoying! Is there any command I
> can use except format.exe ? Thanks :p

chkdsk /r

*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

"John Shen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1c23101c45270$8f9f67e0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi guys, is there anyone can tell me how to repair the
> bad block of harddisk? My laptop which runs WinXP Pro SP1
> currently experiences such problem as the hard-disk often
> stops responding, quite annoying! Is there any command I
> can use except format.exe ? Thanks :p

Visit this site: http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

SpinRite is an excellent program in maintaining hard drives.

Bquinn

In article <1c23101c45270$8f9f67e0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
John Shen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Hi guys, is there anyone can tell me how to repair the
>bad block of harddisk? My laptop which runs WinXP Pro SP1
>currently experiences such problem as the hard-disk often
>stops responding, quite annoying! Is there any command I
>can use except format.exe ? Thanks :p

Plan on replacing the disk as quickly as possible.

--
Al Dykes

chkdsk /? in a command prompt.