Temp offset on A7N8X-E deluxe

The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me think
that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees

Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?

I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E
3 answers Last reply
More about temp offset a7n8x deluxe

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:35:58 -0700, "Leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me think
    >that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees
    >
    >Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?
    >
    >I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
    >can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E

    In one of AMD's tech docs they claim on average of 8C difference from
    socket to CPU die temps, which I believe was at idle and not full loads.

    Reading the CPU temp from the socket and die on my "A7N8X" with Prime95
    running I've seen as much as a 14C difference between the two reported
    temps.

    btw, the max die temp on Athlon XP's is 85C. ;p
    Ed

    "Leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me think
    > that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees
    >
    > Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?
    >
    > I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
    > can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E

    I can get the CPU die temp from my A7N8X-X (Barton 3000+), so I should
    imagine you can get the die temp from the A7N8X-E.

    Google for MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5) and use the A7N8X-E preset in the
    config menu when you have it installed.

    "Phil" <_invalid_@no_spam_.invalid_> wrote in message

    > "Leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me
    think
    > > that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees
    > >
    > > Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?
    > >
    > > I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
    > > can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E
    > >

    > I can get the CPU die temp from my A7N8X-X (Barton 3000+), so I should
    > imagine you can get the die temp from the A7N8X-E.
    >
    > Google for MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5) and use the A7N8X-E preset in the
    > config menu when you have it installed.

    Yep tried that when I first got my board in april, tried it again this
    evening and no good. No die temp on an 'E' with the LAST version of MBM.

Asus CPUs Motherboards