Temp offset on A7N8X-E deluxe

The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me think
that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees

Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?

I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E

Ed

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:35:58 -0700, "Leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me think
>that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees
>
>Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?
>
>I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
>can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E

In one of AMD's tech docs they claim on average of 8C difference from
socket to CPU die temps, which I believe was at idle and not full loads.

Reading the CPU temp from the socket and die on my "A7N8X" with Prime95
running I've seen as much as a 14C difference between the two reported
temps.

btw, the max die temp on Athlon XP's is 85C. ;p
Ed

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"Leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me think
> that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees
>
> Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?
>
> I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
> can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E

I can get the CPU die temp from my A7N8X-X (Barton 3000+), so I should
imagine you can get the die temp from the A7N8X-E.

Google for MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5) and use the A7N8X-E preset in the
config menu when you have it installed.

"Phil" <_invalid_@no_spam_.invalid_> wrote in message

> "Leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > The ASUS Probe default for CPU temp threshold is 72 C which make me
think
> > that 72 - 65 = 7 degrees
> >
> > Does subtracting 7 degrees C to get the actual temp sound right?
> >
> > I know this is from the socket probe and that the last I heard that you
> > can't get a CPU die temp from the A7N8X-E
> >

> I can get the CPU die temp from my A7N8X-X (Barton 3000+), so I should
> imagine you can get the die temp from the A7N8X-E.
>
> Google for MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5) and use the A7N8X-E preset in the
> config menu when you have it installed.

Yep tried that when I first got my board in april, tried it again this
evening and no good. No die temp on an 'E' with the LAST version of MBM.