NorthQ on K8N-Socket 754

Hi, I have problems mounting a NorthQ Fan (NorthQ Silent Ice 11) on my
Asus K8N-E board. I cant lover the cam lever into position. It gets stuck
at 30-45 degrees. I have only tried without cpu yet and have tried any
posible way... Anyone have a hint/tip???

Thanks

Stian S

"Stian S" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:eek:psdwut30811nimb@stianss...
> Hi, I have problems mounting a NorthQ Fan (NorthQ Silent Ice 11) on my
> Asus K8N-E board. I cant lover the cam lever into position. It gets stuck
> at 30-45 degrees. I have only tried without cpu yet and have tried any
> posible way... Anyone have a hint/tip???
>
> Thanks
>
> Stian S

Is this cooler for a socket 754? you can't use ones for
socket A or 478.

Jim M

yes it is............... "I cant lover the cam lever into position. It gets
stuck at 30-45 degrees."

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:39:25 -0600, JBM <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Stian S" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I have problems mounting a NorthQ Fan (NorthQ Silent Ice 11) on my
>> Asus K8N-E board. I cant lover the cam lever into position. It gets
>> stuck
>> at 30-45 degrees. I have only tried without cpu yet and have tried any
>> posible way... Anyone have a hint/tip???
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Stian S
>>
>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
>

> Is this cooler for a socket 754? you can't use ones for
> socket A or 478.
>
> Jim M

Paul

Splendid

In article <opsdwzdxkd11nimb@stianss>, "Stian S" <test@test.com> wrote:

> yes it is............... "I cant lover the cam lever into position. It gets
> stuck at 30-45 degrees."

The product is here. This version is for S754.

http://www.northq.dk/products/coolers/nq3100.html

There is a nice picture of the heatsink here:

http://www.northq.dk/img/pics/nq31k_1_640.jpg

It looks to me like the lever rotates from the 9 o'clock position
to 12 o'clock position, and then the latch locks onto the chrome
plated metal. Make sure you are rotating it the right way.

To test the rotation, examine the heatsink in your hand, and try
to rotate the lever then, to see if it rotates freely.

HTH,
Paul