Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A7N8X Deluxe Audio Whine

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 6, 2004 1:50:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Just when I thought I was going to go nuts from the Chinese WHINE
torture from the board, I found the post concerning turning the
Digital Input in the Nvidia NForce Control Panel to anything other
than OFF. It worked thank god!! Never had a problem for 1 1/2 years!
3Comm ethernet died at about the same time. What the ....??
MoJo
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 7, 2004 1:17:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On 6 Sep 2004 09:50:09 -0700, magnumpiinohio@yahoo.com (MOJO) wrote:

>Just when I thought I was going to go nuts from the Chinese WHINE
>torture from the board, I found the post concerning turning the
>Digital Input in the Nvidia NForce Control Panel to anything other
>than OFF. It worked thank god!! Never had a problem for 1 1/2 years!
>3Comm ethernet died at about the same time. What the ....??
>MoJo

Aha! I'm having the same torture. Where can I find the Nvidia Nforce
Control Panel? Thanks
September 7, 2004 1:17:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

no-one@ome.ere wrote in message news:<3chpj0dqnhpt73b2c7ij5sk38o9qsujqe3@4ax.com>...
> On 6 Sep 2004 09:50:09 -0700, magnumpiinohio@yahoo.com (MOJO) wrote:
>
> >Just when I thought I was going to go nuts from the Chinese WHINE
> >torture from the board, I found the post concerning turning the
> >Digital Input in the Nvidia NForce Control Panel to anything other
> >than OFF. It worked thank god!! Never had a problem for 1 1/2 years!
> >3Comm ethernet died at about the same time. What the ....??
> >MoJo
>
> Aha! I'm having the same torture. Where can I find the Nvidia Nforce
> Control Panel? Thanks

If you have a A7N8X-X you might look at your Start, Nvidia Corp.,
Soundstorm.
If you don't have that utility you can download the new unified
drivers for the board from ASUS. There is a newer NV Mixer in there
that might have the option.

Specifically, I have the nForce 2.45 version which has the Soundstorm
application. In the left hand corner of the MAIN page, there is a
section called Input. In that section there there are two drop downs
and two sliders. One for RECORD and one for DIGITIZED INPUT. The fix
is to change the drop down menu in the Digitized Input to anything but
OFF. It worked for me.

The driver package is 10.4 Meg. I could zip it and try to send it to
you if you can't get it working with the new one. It is different and
I can not tell you where these settings are with the new version.
Maybe you can look at it and tell. I ended up installing the new
drivers but keeping the old audio controller.

I felt the Soundstorm was a pretty good package for me. With NV Swap
it gave me everything I needed and more. Especially with that damn
whistle!

Good luck
MOJO
Related resources
September 7, 2004 5:14:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

no-one@ome.ere wrote:
> On 6 Sep 2004 09:50:09 -0700, magnumpiinohio@yahoo.com (MOJO) wrote:
>
>
>>Just when I thought I was going to go nuts from the Chinese WHINE
>>torture from the board, I found the post concerning turning the
>>Digital Input in the Nvidia NForce Control Panel to anything other
>>than OFF. It worked thank god!! Never had a problem for 1 1/2 years!
>>3Comm ethernet died at about the same time. What the ....??
>>MoJo
>
>
> Aha! I'm having the same torture. Where can I find the Nvidia Nforce
> Control Panel? Thanks
>
>
Should be icons in the System Tray and also in the Windows Control
Panel. At least that's where it's at with the 4.24 nVidia Unified
Driver Package on my A7N8X Deluxe. HTH
September 7, 2004 5:37:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Rob wrote:

> no-one@ome.ere wrote:
>
>> On 6 Sep 2004 09:50:09 -0700, magnumpiinohio@yahoo.com (MOJO) wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Just when I thought I was going to go nuts from the Chinese WHINE
>>> torture from the board, I found the post concerning turning the
>>> Digital Input in the Nvidia NForce Control Panel to anything other
>>> than OFF. It worked thank god!! Never had a problem for 1 1/2 years!
>>> 3Comm ethernet died at about the same time. What the ....??
>>> MoJo
>>
>>
>>
>> Aha! I'm having the same torture. Where can I find the Nvidia Nforce
>> Control Panel? Thanks
>>
>>
> Should be icons in the System Tray and also in the Windows Control
> Panel. At least that's where it's at with the 4.24 nVidia Unified
> Driver Package on my A7N8X Deluxe. HTH
>
Sorry, I mis-stated above. I just checked the machine and the icon is
only in the SysTray. Or you can use Start>Programs>NVIDIA
Corporation>NvMixer>NvMixer. The setting is on the upper right side.
The icon in the Win Control Panel is for my Video.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2004 2:50:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Mojo,
Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
DC)!
OK. I will bite (or is that byte?) where is the digital input that you speak
of. I, too, thought that I am undergoing the Chinese Whine Torture. I looked
in the audio control panel properties, but did not find an exact match.
Peace,
Paul
"MOJO" <magnumpiinohio@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e7b07783.0409060850.614e7884@posting.google.com...
> Just when I thought I was going to go nuts from the Chinese WHINE
> torture from the board, I found the post concerning turning the
> Digital Input in the Nvidia NForce Control Panel to anything other
> than OFF. <snipped>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2004 4:16:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Update drivers.. I used to have that prob and for what ever reasons,
updated the drivers and it was gone for good..

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:50:57 -0400, "Paul D. Motzenbecker, Jr."
<stargazer.removetheobvious@cavtel.net> wrote:

>Mojo,
>Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
>DC)!
>OK. I will bite (or is that byte?) where is the digital input that you speak
>of. I, too, thought that I am undergoing the Chinese Whine Torture. I looked
>in the audio control panel properties, but did not find an exact match.
>Peace,
>Paul
>"MOJO" <magnumpiinohio@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:e7b07783.0409060850.614e7884@posting.google.com...
>> Just when I thought I was going to go nuts from the Chinese WHINE
>> torture from the board, I found the post concerning turning the
>> Digital Input in the Nvidia NForce Control Panel to anything other
>> than OFF. <snipped>
>
!