Check disk consistency

Andrew

Hi Guys,

Now, I'm not very techie at all when it comes to the
internal workings. The other day, instead of doing a
complete shutdown of my WinXP Home PC, I put it into
Hibernate so I could pick up where I left off next day.
All seemed ok until I tried to restart the next day when
it had to try twice before starting up properly. Since
then whenever I start my machine it says that one or more
of my drives needs to be checked for consistency, then
does a 3 stage process to check them. No errors are found
and the machine then starts up showing the 'System
Configuration' popup. Can anyone shed any light as to
what's going on and what I can do about it.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Andrew, take a look here. The accepted answer has fairly simple
instructions.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20994649.html