Pioneer DVD-Rom And LG CD ReWriter Problem Please Help!!!

For about 2 years I have had this PC with XP home
edition. It has a Pioneer DVD-ROM (PIONEER DVD 113) and
an LG CD ReWriter (HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B) both have
worked perfectly. Yesterday I reinstalled XP and it
picked up all of the devices perfectly. Today neither of
the drives are appearing in my computer or WMP. I tried
reinstalling the drivers for them several times using the
Device Manager. I get the same problem everytime. I Get
the following message:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this
hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code
39)"

What am I supposed to do? I have looked for the drivers
for both drives on the web and have downloaded them and
installed them. No matter what I do nothing helps. Does
any one have anything that can help me! Could you E-Mail
me at this Address please. Thanks For Your Help!

Lewis Craig

Mike this is Lewis Craig. I tried what you suggested and i keep getting the same error message. Is there anything else I can do?

Lewis Craig

"Mike" wrote:

> Delete both drives from device manager re-start your
> computer, then re-install the drivers

TRENDING THREADS