network card all dressed up with no place to go

I messed up something on my pc. It was working fine. I'm not sure what I did
but when I start internet explorer I can't get to the network. I think I
entered some setting wrong somewhere. I don't get a page not found error, I
get:
No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet
content that has been saved on you computer, click Work Offlline. Click Try
Again to attempt to connect.

The network card is working OK, driver's fine. What might this be????????
1 answer Last reply
More about network card dressed place

    Is your connection to internet working (i.e. can other programs connect to
    internet)?

    One way for checking it is to open start->run, write cmd.exe (or command.exe
    if you're using ME/9x) and press OK. A "black-screen" will popup. Write
    "ping www.google.com" (without "") and press enter. Are you getting
    "response from *someip*" or an error message (timeout)?

    If that works, then your proxy server might be wrongly set in Internet
    Explorer.

    // Chen

    "Amy" <ab@mdahospital.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > I messed up something on my pc. It was working fine. I'm not sure what I
    did
    > but when I start internet explorer I can't get to the network. I think I
    > entered some setting wrong somewhere. I don't get a page not found error,
    > get:
    > No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet
    > content that has been saved on you computer, click Work Offlline. Click
    Try
    > Again to attempt to connect.
    >
    > The network card is working OK, driver's fine. What might this be????????

Internet Explorer Connection Network Card Windows XP