network card all dressed up with no place to go

June 15, 2004 12:54:34 PM

I messed up something on my pc. It was working fine. I'm not sure what I did
but when I start internet explorer I can't get to the network. I think I
entered some setting wrong somewhere. I don't get a page not found error, I
get:
No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet
content that has been saved on you computer, click Work Offlline. Click Try
Again to attempt to connect.

The network card is working OK, driver's fine. What might this be????????
June 15, 2004 8:10:12 PM

Is your connection to internet working (i.e. can other programs connect to
internet)?

One way for checking it is to open start->run, write cmd.exe (or command.exe
if you're using ME/9x) and press OK. A "black-screen" will popup. Write
"ping www.google.com" (without "") and press enter. Are you getting
"response from *someip*" or an error message (timeout)?

If that works, then your proxy server might be wrongly set in Internet
Explorer.

// Chen