Nicholas

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

When my computer comes on, I get this error message "Run
DLL, Error loading C:\Program~1\NewDot`1\Newdot~2.DLL,
Specified Module could not be found" WHat does this mean,
and what can I do to fix it??

Newdotnet is scumware. Either this is a remnant left in the Registry after
removal or you still have it with a problem.

Foistware: New Net, Inc. (NewDotNet) DLL
http://www.cexx.org/newnet.htm

First.
Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options | Advanced tab |
Make sure both of these are NOT checked.

Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer)
[[Specifies to automatically download and install Internet Explorer
components if a Web page needs them in order to display the page properly or
perform a particular task.]]
Enable Install On Demand (Other)
[[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web
page needs them in order to display the page properly or perform a
particular task.]]

Apply | OK
=================================

Second. If you need a scan right now.

Follow the instructions!
THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php

======================
Third.
It is known as Scumware. Visit these sites. 1, 2, 3 and 4 are really good.
Download, install, run, update and run again; one or all. They are all
good, FREE utilities.

1) Spybot S & D
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

2) SpywareBlaster
[[SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from
ever being installed.
The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And
SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.]]

3) HijackThis (some other stuff that may be of interest also)

4) CWShredder direct download:
http://216.180.233.163/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

5) Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner v1.13
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit

6) ToolbarCop
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

7) AdAware
===============

Additional information & instructions.
A wealth of information here, boys and girls.

THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827315#appliesto

Spyware and Deceptive Software
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spyware.mspx?gssnb=1