Best ASUS mobo for AMD?

Richard wrote:
> Best ASUS mobo for a new system with an AMD 2500+; PC 3200 memory and
> 2 120 gig WD in Raid 1?

A7N8X-E Deluxe I've built dozens of systems with this or the A7N8X Deluxe
Rev2.

For about the same amount, you may want to consider a Socket 754 Athlon64
with a K8V SE Deluxe or a K8N-E Deluxe .

Socket 939 will be longer lived and the A8V is a good board. Socket939
processors currently start at $415USD.

Mike

Splendid

You ever experience any problems with onboard sound using the A7N8X=E Deluxe
using an ATI AIW card and sound in line?

"S.Heenan" <sheenan@wahs.ac> wrote in message
> Richard wrote:
>> Best ASUS mobo for a new system with an AMD 2500+; PC 3200 memory and
>> 2 120 gig WD in Raid 1?
>

> A7N8X-E Deluxe I've built dozens of systems with this or the A7N8X Deluxe
> Rev2.
>
> For about the same amount, you may want to consider a Socket 754 Athlon64
> with a K8V SE Deluxe or a K8N-E Deluxe .
>
> Socket 939 will be longer lived and the A8V is a good board. Socket939
> processors currently start at $415USD.

---

Mike wrote:
> You ever experience any problems with onboard sound using the A7N8X=E
> Deluxe using an ATI AIW card and sound in line?

I do use ATI video cards, but not the AIW. I use the onboard sound in 2.1
mode most often.

What was the problem ?

Mike

Splendid

I get a lot of feedback sound through the mouse wheel or scroll bar using
the keyboard when I scroll through pages. I think the issue is with the
sound in jack used with the ATI AIW card. CD and other sound works fine. I
tried using the drivers with the card as well as the current nvidia site
drivers with no difference. The other issue is that the sound through the
line in output automatically gets de-selected whenever I access the TV
feature of the card and the only sound is through the inferior internal
cable. If I want to hear the sound through the line in I have to reselect
it after opening the TV program? ATI says it is due to the on board sound
and could get corrected if I used a separate sound card?

> Mike wrote:
>> You ever experience any problems with onboard sound using the A7N8X=E
>> Deluxe using an ATI AIW card and sound in line?
>

> I do use ATI video cards, but not the AIW. I use the onboard sound in 2.1
> mode most often.
>
> What was the problem ?

---