Best ASUS mobo for AMD?

Best ASUS mobo for a new system with an AMD 2500+; PC 3200 memory and 2 120
gig WD in Raid 1?
4 answers Last reply
More about best asus mobo

    Richard wrote:
    > Best ASUS mobo for a new system with an AMD 2500+; PC 3200 memory and
    > 2 120 gig WD in Raid 1?

    A7N8X-E Deluxe I've built dozens of systems with this or the A7N8X Deluxe
    Rev2.

    For about the same amount, you may want to consider a Socket 754 Athlon64
    with a K8V SE Deluxe or a K8N-E Deluxe .

    Socket 939 will be longer lived and the A8V is a good board. Socket939
    processors currently start at $415USD.

    You ever experience any problems with onboard sound using the A7N8X=E Deluxe
    using an ATI AIW card and sound in line?

    "S.Heenan" <sheenan@wahs.ac> wrote in message
    > Richard wrote:
    >> Best ASUS mobo for a new system with an AMD 2500+; PC 3200 memory and
    >> 2 120 gig WD in Raid 1?
    >

    > A7N8X-E Deluxe I've built dozens of systems with this or the A7N8X Deluxe
    > Rev2.
    >
    > For about the same amount, you may want to consider a Socket 754 Athlon64
    > with a K8V SE Deluxe or a K8N-E Deluxe .
    >
    > Socket 939 will be longer lived and the A8V is a good board. Socket939
    > processors currently start at $415USD.

    ---

    Mike wrote:
    > You ever experience any problems with onboard sound using the A7N8X=E
    > Deluxe using an ATI AIW card and sound in line?

    I do use ATI video cards, but not the AIW. I use the onboard sound in 2.1
    mode most often.

    What was the problem ?

    I get a lot of feedback sound through the mouse wheel or scroll bar using
    the keyboard when I scroll through pages. I think the issue is with the
    sound in jack used with the ATI AIW card. CD and other sound works fine. I
    tried using the drivers with the card as well as the current nvidia site
    drivers with no difference. The other issue is that the sound through the
    line in output automatically gets de-selected whenever I access the TV
    feature of the card and the only sound is through the inferior internal
    cable. If I want to hear the sound through the line in I have to reselect
    it after opening the TV program? ATI says it is due to the on board sound
    and could get corrected if I used a separate sound card?

    > Mike wrote:
    >> You ever experience any problems with onboard sound using the A7N8X=E
    >> Deluxe using an ATI AIW card and sound in line?
    >

    > I do use ATI video cards, but not the AIW. I use the onboard sound in 2.1
    > mode most often.
    >
    > What was the problem ?

    ---

Asus Western Digital AMD NAS / RAID Motherboards