Asus P4C800e-Delux and Mylex RAID controller

Does anyone have P4C800e-Deluxe with SCSI RAID controller? What model
and brand?
I have a Mylex eXtreme 1100 RAID controller that I can not make it work
with this MB. The RAID controller will not show the initial boot screen
during system boot. Anyone has experimented with this combination?

Paul

Splendid

In article <4Sb%c.46572$3l3.19757@attbi_s03>, Parse <parse@comcast.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have P4C800e-Deluxe with SCSI RAID controller? What model
> and brand?
> I have a Mylex eXtreme 1100 RAID controller that I can not make it work
> with this MB. The RAID controller will not show the initial boot screen
> during system boot. Anyone has experimented with this combination?

You might want to search on: Mylex Extremeraid on this site

http://forums.2cpu.com/search.php

There are plenty of discussions, and I started with this one. It has
links to some other info.

http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?threadid=52476

I think you are in for some fun. Start by disabling any other
SCSI emulation devices, like the Promise controller. Controllers
that are SCSI or use drivers that do SCSI emulation, sometimes have
issues with EBDA (extended BIOS data area), which is located in
the 640K of low memory. The BIOS on a controller, whether it is the
Promise or your Mylex, will like to allocate memory for themselves
from the 640K space, and this causes problems. The forums.2cpu.com
approach is to disable the other SCSI BIOS, so that only the
controller you are booting from is enabled. The assumption is that
the other arrays will be accessable as data-only devices when
Windows drivers get loaded. That means the hardware on the card
is still enabled, just the BIOS for the card is not running.

Judging by the amount of work and number of stale links for that
product, you are going to need someone from the Smithsonian to
get that running for you :)

You could need a new Mylex BIOS to flash, matching Windows drivers,
fresh battery for the NVRAM on the card, the .siz file that declares
info about the drives. Lots of work to do...

Judging by the state of the lsilogic.com web site, they don't
really care about the product that they got when they bought
Mylex.

HTH,
Paul