Asus P4C800e-Delux and Mylex RAID controller

Does anyone have P4C800e-Deluxe with SCSI RAID controller? What model
and brand?
I have a Mylex eXtreme 1100 RAID controller that I can not make it work
with this MB. The RAID controller will not show the initial boot screen
during system boot. Anyone has experimented with this combination?
1 answer Last reply
More about asus p4c800e delux mylex raid controller

    In article <4Sb%c.46572$3l3.19757@attbi_s03>, Parse <parse@comcast.net> wrote:

    > Does anyone have P4C800e-Deluxe with SCSI RAID controller? What model
    > and brand?
    > I have a Mylex eXtreme 1100 RAID controller that I can not make it work
    > with this MB. The RAID controller will not show the initial boot screen
    > during system boot. Anyone has experimented with this combination?

    You might want to search on: Mylex Extremeraid on this site

    http://forums.2cpu.com/search.php

    There are plenty of discussions, and I started with this one. It has
    links to some other info.

    http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?threadid=52476

    I think you are in for some fun. Start by disabling any other
    SCSI emulation devices, like the Promise controller. Controllers
    that are SCSI or use drivers that do SCSI emulation, sometimes have
    issues with EBDA (extended BIOS data area), which is located in
    the 640K of low memory. The BIOS on a controller, whether it is the
    Promise or your Mylex, will like to allocate memory for themselves
    from the 640K space, and this causes problems. The forums.2cpu.com
    approach is to disable the other SCSI BIOS, so that only the
    controller you are booting from is enabled. The assumption is that
    the other arrays will be accessable as data-only devices when
    Windows drivers get loaded. That means the hardware on the card
    is still enabled, just the BIOS for the card is not running.

    Judging by the amount of work and number of stale links for that
    product, you are going to need someone from the Smithsonian to
    get that running for you :-)

    You could need a new Mylex BIOS to flash, matching Windows drivers,
    fresh battery for the NVRAM on the card, the .siz file that declares
    info about the drives. Lots of work to do...

    Judging by the state of the lsilogic.com web site, they don't
    really care about the product that they got when they bought
    Mylex.

    HTH,
    Paul

Asus NAS / RAID Controller Mylex Motherboards