Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

K8v se deluxe audio volume problem

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 7, 2004 3:09:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hi all
Just set up my new k8v system and tried to sample from vinyl into cool
edit via line in. The volume is incredibly high. The slightets movement
of the slider makes the volume much too high. I have tried some other
software so its not that. I have tried direct from line out of my cd
player and its the same. So the problem lies in the machine somewhere.
What dumbass thing am I missing.

Stan Cox
September 7, 2004 8:19:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Stan Cox" <stanDOTcox@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:2Gg%c.795$bF3.631@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...
> Hi all
> Just set up my new k8v system and tried to sample from vinyl into cool
> edit via line in. The volume is incredibly high. The slightets movement of
> the slider makes the volume much too high. I have tried some other
> software so its not that. I have tried direct from line out of my cd
> player and its the same. So the problem lies in the machine somewhere.
> What dumbass thing am I missing.
>
> Stan Cox

I have a similar issue on my k8ne on-board sound, with the volume slider at
about 1/4 it's as loud as 3/4 was with my santa cruise card on my a7v8x. I
also get a small pop from the speakers when XP starts up and shuts down.The
sound quality is fine.

Dave
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2004 10:12:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Dave wrote:
> "Stan Cox" <stanDOTcox@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:2Gg%c.795$bF3.631@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...
>
>>Hi all
>> Just set up my new k8v system and tried to sample from vinyl into cool
>>edit via line in. The volume is incredibly high. The slightets movement of
>>the slider makes the volume much too high. I have tried some other
>>software so its not that. I have tried direct from line out of my cd
>>player and its the same. So the problem lies in the machine somewhere.
>>What dumbass thing am I missing.
>>
>>Stan Cox
>
>
> I have a similar issue on my k8ne on-board sound, with the volume slider at
> about 1/4 it's as loud as 3/4 was with my santa cruise card on my a7v8x. I
> also get a small pop from the speakers when XP starts up and shuts down.The
> sound quality is fine.
>
> Dave
>
>
My issue is with line IN. Cool Edit is clipping the audio because its
too loud. I could put an extra volume control between the source & pc
but why should I have to do that?

Stan Cox
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2004 2:45:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:12:35 GMT, Stan Cox <stanDOTcox@ntlworld.com>
wrote:


>>>Hi all
>>> Just set up my new k8v system and tried to sample from vinyl into cool
>>>edit via line in. The volume is incredibly high. The slightets movement of
>>>the slider makes the volume much too high. I have tried some other
>>>software so its not that. I have tried direct from line out of my cd
>>>player and its the same. So the problem lies in the machine somewhere.
>>>What dumbass thing am I missing.
>>>
>>>Stan Cox

>>
>>
>My issue is with line IN. Cool Edit is clipping the audio because its
>too loud. I could put an extra volume control between the source & pc
>but why should I have to do that?
>
>Stan Cox



I have the same board - no problems.

I did find that you can record line-in (or any or all inputs) if you
have "Wave Out Mix" selected in windows recording mixer - and the
volume will be very high.

Also, you do have Soundmax set to 2-speaker or 4-speaker mode as on
page 2-21?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2004 8:53:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

James Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:12:35 GMT, Stan Cox <stanDOTcox@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>>>>Hi all
>>>>Just set up my new k8v system and tried to sample from vinyl into cool
>>>>edit via line in. The volume is incredibly high. The slightets movement of
>>>>the slider makes the volume much too high. I have tried some other
>>>>software so its not that. I have tried direct from line out of my cd
>>>>player and its the same. So the problem lies in the machine somewhere.
>>>>What dumbass thing am I missing.
>>>>
>>>>Stan Cox
>
>
>>>
>>My issue is with line IN. Cool Edit is clipping the audio because its
>>too loud. I could put an extra volume control between the source & pc
>>but why should I have to do that?
>>
>>Stan Cox
>
>
>
>
> I have the same board - no problems.
>
> I did find that you can record line-in (or any or all inputs) if you
> have "Wave Out Mix" selected in windows recording mixer - and the
> volume will be very high.
>
> Also, you do have Soundmax set to 2-speaker or 4-speaker mode as on
> page 2-21?
>

OK I have it set to 2 speaker and you are right Wave Out Mix makes it
even louder. I have put a volume control in the line and that will make
it useable but Its really annoying.

Stan Cox
!