XP not recognizing memory

I installed a 512 mb ram ddr card fine in my computer,
when I installed the second one windows will not
recognize it Aby thoughts? Thanks. Jim

Are both memory cards the same (same size, same speed rating)? Does the
BIOS screen(s) report the memory?

"jbalash" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed a 512 mb ram ddr card fine in my computer,
> when I installed the second one windows will not
> recognize it Aby thoughts? Thanks. Jim

manufacturers. I haven't checked the bios, I'll do that
when I get home. Thanks, Jim

I changed the BIOS settings and it helped, thanks for
your help! Jim