setting up network

About a year ago I had my brother in law set up my "microsoft Broadband
networking utility" program. When he went to set up the 2nd computer (my
daughters) the computer wasn't working. Now I have replaced her computer and
want to finish setting it up but him and I don't get along anymore.
I have tried and tried. When I try to get on the internet on her computer it
doesn't connect. When I look at the properties on mine it says not
configured....
I have tried going step by step with the troubleshooter,UGH!!!
Can anyone help me or should I try to hire someone>???? I am not very
technically inclined :)

These are some of the messages I get on my computer....
The IP address lease 192.168.2.16 for the Network Card with network address
00E0183D09CB has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent
a DHCPNACK message).

The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.2.16, since the
IP address is outside the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which
addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator
on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or
change the IP address to fall within the scope.

Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 192.168.2.16 on the
Network Card with network address 00E0183D09CB.

Maybe this will help someone help me....

"cindy" wrote:

> About a year ago I had my brother in law set up my "microsoft Broadband
> networking utility" program. When he went to set up the 2nd computer (my
> daughters) the computer wasn't working. Now I have replaced her computer and
> want to finish setting it up but him and I don't get along anymore.
> I have tried and tried. When I try to get on the internet on her computer it
> doesn't connect. When I look at the properties on mine it says not
> configured....
> I have tried going step by step with the troubleshooter,UGH!!!
> Can anyone help me or should I try to hire someone>???? I am not very
> technically inclined :)

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003