Mic will not work on p4c800 deluxe

I have the P4C800 Deluxe and it seems that not matter how hard I wish
I can't get the mic working. I have it iinserted into the pink jack on
the back of the mobo (im not impaired, okay?) and all the volume
levels set to max...nothing is muted, even have "Mic boost" on. and
its not set to "front panel mic" so wtf is the deal here. I hear it
has to do with the SoundMax drivers. can u help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about work p4c800 deluxe

    This might not apply to you but if it does good luck.

    I flashed my bios the other day and as usual all the settings were
    returned to defaults, I reset what I thought was all the settings and
    restarted the computer only to find windows going on about finding new
    hardware and then wanted to load the drivers for the onboard sound, so
    I canceled that and restarted the computer and disabled the onboard
    sound as I have a creative sound card.
    I found the other night while playing golf online that the mike would
    not work and I tried everything in the creative sound utilities to get
    the mike to work but failed. After the game I went into control panel
    again and this time I went into the properties of (Sound and Audio
    Devices) and enabled the icon in the tray and I doubled clicked the
    tray icon and in there I went into (Options/ Properties) and selected
    (Recording) and put a tick in the Microphone check box then I selected
    the (Select) option under Microphone and my sound worked after that.
    I removed the tray icon after that as I didn't need it any longer.

    A bit long winded but I hope it helped.

    Cheers

    On 7 Sep 2004 19:27:37 -0700, da-sAUCE@houston.rr.com (da sAUCE)
    wrote:

    >I have the P4C800 Deluxe and it seems that not matter how hard I wish
    >I can't get the mic working. I have it iinserted into the pink jack on
    >the back of the mobo (im not impaired, okay?) and all the volume
    >levels set to max...nothing is muted, even have "Mic boost" on. and
    >its not set to "front panel mic" so wtf is the deal here. I hear it
    >has to do with the SoundMax drivers. can u help me?

    eTrust EZ Antivirus Protection
    Version 6.2.0.28
    Engine Version 11.5.0.0
    ©2003 Computer Associates International, Inc
    Update Version 8568
    Update Date Sep 6 2004

    "da sAUCE" <da-sAUCE@houston.rr.com> schreef in bericht
    > I have the P4C800 Deluxe and it seems that not matter how hard I wish
    > I can't get the mic working. I have it iinserted into the pink jack on
    > the back of the mobo (im not impaired, okay?) and all the volume
    > levels set to max...nothing is muted, even have "Mic boost" on. and
    > its not set to "front panel mic" so wtf is the deal here. I hear it
    > has to do with the SoundMax drivers. can u help me?

    I had the same problem, using a SB Audigy 2 ZS card. Be sure to switch your
    recording settings in the mixer to Mike.

    Jan

Asus Motherboards