Mic will not work on p4c800 deluxe

I have the P4C800 Deluxe and it seems that not matter how hard I wish
I can't get the mic working. I have it iinserted into the pink jack on
the back of the mobo (im not impaired, okay?) and all the volume
levels set to max...nothing is muted, even have "Mic boost" on. and
its not set to "front panel mic" so wtf is the deal here. I hear it
has to do with the SoundMax drivers. can u help me?

yogi

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

This might not apply to you but if it does good luck.

I flashed my bios the other day and as usual all the settings were
returned to defaults, I reset what I thought was all the settings and
restarted the computer only to find windows going on about finding new
hardware and then wanted to load the drivers for the onboard sound, so
I canceled that and restarted the computer and disabled the onboard
sound as I have a creative sound card.
I found the other night while playing golf online that the mike would
not work and I tried everything in the creative sound utilities to get
the mike to work but failed. After the game I went into control panel
again and this time I went into the properties of (Sound and Audio
Devices) and enabled the icon in the tray and I doubled clicked the
tray icon and in there I went into (Options/ Properties) and selected
(Recording) and put a tick in the Microphone check box then I selected
the (Select) option under Microphone and my sound worked after that.
I removed the tray icon after that as I didn't need it any longer.

A bit long winded but I hope it helped.

Cheers

On 7 Sep 2004 19:27:37 -0700, da-sAUCE@houston.rr.com (da sAUCE)
wrote:

>I have the P4C800 Deluxe and it seems that not matter how hard I wish
>I can't get the mic working. I have it iinserted into the pink jack on
>the back of the mobo (im not impaired, okay?) and all the volume
>levels set to max...nothing is muted, even have "Mic boost" on. and
>its not set to "front panel mic" so wtf is the deal here. I hear it
>has to do with the SoundMax drivers. can u help me?

eTrust EZ Antivirus Protection
Version 6.2.0.28
Engine Version 11.5.0.0
©2003 Computer Associates International, Inc
Update Version 8568
Update Date Sep 6 2004

Jan

"da sAUCE" <da-sAUCE@houston.rr.com> schreef in bericht
> I have the P4C800 Deluxe and it seems that not matter how hard I wish
> I can't get the mic working. I have it iinserted into the pink jack on
> the back of the mobo (im not impaired, okay?) and all the volume
> levels set to max...nothing is muted, even have "Mic boost" on. and
> its not set to "front panel mic" so wtf is the deal here. I hear it
> has to do with the SoundMax drivers. can u help me?

I had the same problem, using a SB Audigy 2 ZS card. Be sure to switch your
recording settings in the mixer to Mike.

Jan