P4B makes siren sound and does not boot

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2004 3:15:19 AM

Hi all,

an Asus P4B533 assembled partly with used components is making a siren
sound upon starting up and will not boot or display its bios.

On June 26, 2004 someone posted a solution for this in this newsgroup
but unfortunately this message is apparently too old to be held in this
newsgroup any further.

Can anyone help me out on this one?
September 23, 2004 9:35:54 PM

Is the chassis intrusion connector on the mobo on the right pins??

If this mobo has this jumper?

"Wilfried Adam" <Wilfried.Adam@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> an Asus P4B533 assembled partly with used components is making a siren
> sound upon starting up and will not boot or display its bios.
>
> On June 26, 2004 someone posted a solution for this in this newsgroup but
> unfortunately this message is apparently too old to be held in this
> newsgroup any further.
>
> Can anyone help me out on this one?

September 23, 2004 9:35:55 PM

Paul wrote:
> Is the chassis intrusion connector on the mobo on the right pins??
>
> If this mobo has this jumper?
>

> "Wilfried Adam" <Wilfried.Adam@t-online.de> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>an Asus P4B533 assembled partly with used components is making a siren
>>sound upon starting up and will not boot or display its bios.
>>
>>On June 26, 2004 someone posted a solution for this in this newsgroup but
>>unfortunately this message is apparently too old to be held in this
>>newsgroup any further.
>>
>>Can anyone help me out on this one?

I had this problem with my ASUS P4B533-E. Just reseat motherboard power
connectors.

NBK
!