P4B makes siren sound and does not boot

Hi all,

an Asus P4B533 assembled partly with used components is making a siren
sound upon starting up and will not boot or display its bios.

On June 26, 2004 someone posted a solution for this in this newsgroup
but unfortunately this message is apparently too old to be held in this
newsgroup any further.

Can anyone help me out on this one?
2 answers Last reply
More about makes siren sound boot

    Is the chassis intrusion connector on the mobo on the right pins??

    If this mobo has this jumper?

    Paul wrote:
    > Is the chassis intrusion connector on the mobo on the right pins??
    >
    > If this mobo has this jumper?
    >

    > "Wilfried Adam" <Wilfried.Adam@t-online.de> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>an Asus P4B533 assembled partly with used components is making a siren
    >>sound upon starting up and will not boot or display its bios.
    >>
    >>On June 26, 2004 someone posted a solution for this in this newsgroup but
    >>unfortunately this message is apparently too old to be held in this
    >>newsgroup any further.
    >>
    >>Can anyone help me out on this one?

    I had this problem with my ASUS P4B533-E. Just reseat motherboard power
    connectors.

    NBK

Asus Newsgroup Boot Motherboards