P4C800-E Bios Update P4cED17 (1017)

Did Asus pull this Bios update. The only update that's listed on their
Download page is P4CED16. I had downloaded P4CED17 some time ago but now I'm
afraid to use it. Is there something wrong with 17?
Thanks!
Bob
10 answers Last reply
More about p4c800 bios update p4ced17 1017

    "Bob" <bhaucknospam@pghmail.com> wrote in message
    > Did Asus pull this Bios update. The only update that's listed on their
    > Download page is P4CED16.

    I just checked at 17 is there.

    > I had downloaded P4CED17 some time ago but now I'm
    > afraid to use it. Is there something wrong with 17?

    I'm running it on two P4C800-E Dlx-s with no problems.

    I checked the following Asus download page for 1017 and also DID NOT find
    it:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

    MikeSp

    Michael S. wrote:
    > I checked the following Asus download page for 1017 and also DID NOT find
    > it:
    >
    > http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us
    >
    > MikeSp
    >
    > "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Bob" <bhaucknospam@pghmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Did Asus pull this Bios update. The only update that's listed on their
    >>>Download page is P4CED16.
    >>
    >>I just checked at 17 is there.
    >>

    >>>I had downloaded P4CED17 some time ago but now I'm
    >>>afraid to use it. Is there something wrong with 17?
    >>
    >>I'm running it on two P4C800-E Dlx-s with no problems.

    Hmmm, I downloaded 1017 a few hours ago from that link, but it
    definitely is not there now.

    "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I checked the following Asus download page for 1017 and also DID NOT find
    > it:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

    I just did that URL and clicked the 'Latest' tab and it's right there!

    Ron Reaugh wrote:

    > "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I checked the following Asus download page for 1017 and also DID NOT find
    >>it:
    >>

    > http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us
    >
    > I just did that URL and clicked the 'Latest' tab and it's right there!

    LOL, this is bizarre! I just went there, clicked latest, and no 1017.

    KDragon wrote:

    > Ron Reaugh wrote:
    >
    >> "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I checked the following Asus download page for 1017 and also DID NOT
    >>> find
    >>> it:
    >>>

    >> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us
    >>

    >> I just did that URL and clicked the 'Latest' tab and it's right there!
    >

    > LOL, this is bizarre! I just went there, clicked latest, and no 1017.

    Further update. Fast huh? Went back, clicked latest, then clicked the
    Beta radio button at the top and a 1017-002 BIOS shows there. Hmmm.

    "KDragon" <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Michael S. wrote:
    > > I checked the following Asus download page for 1017 and also DID NOT
    find
    > > it:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

    > > MikeSp
    > >
    > > "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Bob" <bhaucknospam@pghmail.com> wrote in message

    > >>I just checked at 17 is there.

    > >>I'm running it on two P4C800-E Dlx-s with no problems.
    >
    > Hmmm, I downloaded 1017 a few hours ago from that link, but it
    > definitely is not there now.

    No, it's there. Just click the 'Latest' tab.

    > Ron Reaugh wrote:
    >
    > > "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I checked the following Asus download page for 1017 and also DID NOT
    find
    > >>it:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

    > > I just did that URL and clicked the 'Latest' tab and it's right there!
    >
    > LOL, this is bizarre! I just went there, clicked latest, and no 1017.

    www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx
    Shows P4C800-E as a featured download....and now it doesn't...hmmm.
    BUT it is still here www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download.aspx

    1017 has disappeared from the US page.

    BUT it is still here ALSO:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=Latest&SLanguage=en-us

    Along time ago I started always using the .tw because of this kind of BS.

    > KDragon wrote:
    >
    > > Ron Reaugh wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

    > >> I just did that URL and clicked the 'Latest' tab and it's right there!
    > >

    > > LOL, this is bizarre! I just went there, clicked latest, and no 1017.
    >
    > Further update. Fast huh? Went back, clicked latest, then clicked the
    > Beta radio button at the top and a 1017-002 BIOS shows there. Hmmm.

    That's different and has been there all along and I assume different than
    the release 1017 which had a much more recent date.

    "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message news:O4R%c.332825

    > www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx
    > Shows P4C800-E as a featured download....and now it doesn't...hmmm.
    > BUT it is still here www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download.aspx
    >
    > 1017 has disappeared from the US page.
    >
    > BUT it is still here ALSO:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=Latest&SLanguage=en-us

    > Along time ago I started always using the .tw because of this kind of BS.

    Now 1017 is everywhere. I wonder when well see a 1018 with some Prescott
    microcode up about 11 or so.

Asus BIOS Download Motherboards