Sidewinder Precision Pro XP drivers

I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick and just got a
new computer with XP Professional installed. When I
tried attaching the joystick and loading the software, I
got a message saying that this software wasn't supported
by WinXP (my old system had Win98.) No problem. I went
to the Microsoft site - after all, it's THEIR joystick -
and all I could find were drivers for Win95/8. Does
anyone know where to find WinXP drivers for this joystick?

pjamese3 said in news:1d21c01c45376$6d0f6bb0$a401280a@phx.gbl:
> I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick and just got a
> new computer with XP Professional installed. When I
> tried attaching the joystick and loading the software, I
> got a message saying that this software wasn't supported
> by WinXP (my old system had Win98.) No problem. I went
> to the Microsoft site - after all, it's THEIR joystick -
> and all I could find were drivers for Win95/8. Does
> anyone know where to find WinXP drivers for this joystick?

Open the Game Controllers applet in Control Panel. Add the "Microsoft
Sidewinder (autodetect)" device. This will give you the driver for the
device. It will not give you the programmability afforded by the
software. The game will have to provide the programmability of what
function is assigned to what button.

*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.