How do I access bios on ASUS notebook?

Hi all,

I am trying to solve a time-keeping problem on my ASUS M6B00N notebook
and would like to know how to get into the bios settings. I've tried
hitting many different keys during startup without any luck. I did
manage to find a menu to select a boot device but I don't think that
was it.

The time-keeping problem is that the windows clock keeps losing time
(hours over a day), and when I restart the computer the time goes back
to an earlier time. After a few minutes, if I restart again the time
goes back to that same earlier time again. I think I need to check
the time in the bios?

I know there are heaps of time-keeping posts in this group, but none
of them seemed to help me.

Thanks if anyone can help...
6 answers Last reply
More about access bios asus notebook

    Robert Di Cristoforo wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to solve a time-keeping problem on my ASUS M6B00N notebook
    > and would like to know how to get into the bios settings. I've tried
    > hitting many different keys during startup without any luck. I did
    > manage to find a menu to select a boot device but I don't think that
    > was it.
    >
    > The time-keeping problem is that the windows clock keeps losing time
    > (hours over a day), and when I restart the computer the time goes back
    > to an earlier time. After a few minutes, if I restart again the time
    > goes back to that same earlier time again. I think I need to check
    > the time in the bios?
    >
    > I know there are heaps of time-keeping posts in this group, but none
    > of them seemed to help me.
    >
    > Thanks if anyone can help...

    Hitting F2 when starting the notebook should get you in.

    f2, delete, or insert, one of those ;) Generally press one or all of em
    after second keyboard lightup. I just mash the keyboard like it was covered
    in ants, it does the job >:D

    "Robert Di Cristoforo" <robert@roaduser.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to solve a time-keeping problem on my ASUS M6B00N notebook
    > and would like to know how to get into the bios settings. I've tried
    > hitting many different keys during startup without any luck. I did
    > manage to find a menu to select a boot device but I don't think that
    > was it.
    >
    > The time-keeping problem is that the windows clock keeps losing time
    > (hours over a day), and when I restart the computer the time goes back
    > to an earlier time. After a few minutes, if I restart again the time
    > goes back to that same earlier time again. I think I need to check
    > the time in the bios?
    >
    > I know there are heaps of time-keeping posts in this group, but none
    > of them seemed to help me.
    >
    > Thanks if anyone can help...
  3. You also must attempt to access bios after restart and not after shut down. I know there is nothing out there to indicate this but it was true for me.
  4. kyler133 said:
    You also must attempt to access bios after restart and not after shut down. I know there is nothing out there to indicate this but it was true for me.

    Thank you, that saved my day :)
  5. I found the solution on youtube. It works on many Asus computers. I hope it helps. The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGn4KraPkO0
  6. You have to HOLD F2 before booting up or before it restarts. I was used to having to tap it too, just hold it down.

Asus BIOS Notebooks Motherboards