How do I access bios on ASUS notebook?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2004 3:38:53 AM

Hi all,

I am trying to solve a time-keeping problem on my ASUS M6B00N notebook
and would like to know how to get into the bios settings. I've tried
hitting many different keys during startup without any luck. I did
manage to find a menu to select a boot device but I don't think that
was it.

The time-keeping problem is that the windows clock keeps losing time
(hours over a day), and when I restart the computer the time goes back
to an earlier time. After a few minutes, if I restart again the time
goes back to that same earlier time again. I think I need to check
the time in the bios?

I know there are heaps of time-keeping posts in this group, but none
of them seemed to help me.

Thanks if anyone can help...
September 9, 2004 5:21:09 PM

Robert Di Cristoforo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to solve a time-keeping problem on my ASUS M6B00N notebook
> and would like to know how to get into the bios settings. I've tried
> hitting many different keys during startup without any luck. I did
> manage to find a menu to select a boot device but I don't think that
> was it.
>
> The time-keeping problem is that the windows clock keeps losing time
> (hours over a day), and when I restart the computer the time goes back
> to an earlier time. After a few minutes, if I restart again the time
> goes back to that same earlier time again. I think I need to check
> the time in the bios?
>
> I know there are heaps of time-keeping posts in this group, but none
> of them seemed to help me.
>
> Thanks if anyone can help...

Hitting F2 when starting the notebook should get you in.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 10, 2004 2:06:22 AM

f2, delete, or insert, one of those ;)  Generally press one or all of em
after second keyboard lightup. I just mash the keyboard like it was covered
in ants, it does the job >:D

!