How much memory are you using on your PPC?

a b } Memory
June 15, 2004 8:54:18 PM

Hi all,
just wondering how many of you guys are using memory cards and what size is
the most prevailent? eg. 256mb vs 512mb ?
All views very welcome.
Patrick

More about : memory ppc

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 15, 2004 11:14:43 PM

I recently purchased a 512 mb SD card for MP3's and wish I had double that
space but will make do now.

"Patrick" <patrickm@spamsonic.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> just wondering how many of you guys are using memory cards and what size
is
> the most prevailent? eg. 256mb vs 512mb ?
> All views very welcome.
> Patrick

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 16, 2004 1:41:31 AM

I've found the 256M is plenty for me at this point...but, my 4155 has a 64M
extra RAM disk (PocketPCTechs) into which I can place programs. That allows
me to freely swap SD cards from work files to videos or mp3s without
worrying about programs on the card. My 2215 and Axim X5 are dual slot
devices which can keep programs and special data on an SD card leaving the
CF slot for peripherals and special CF cards with video and mp3s. So, it
depends a bit on what device you have, and to what use you are going to put
it.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Patrick" <patrickm@spamsonic.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> just wondering how many of you guys are using memory cards and what size
is
> the most prevailent? eg. 256mb vs 512mb ?
> All views very welcome.
> Patrick

a b } Memory
June 16, 2004 3:43:15 PM

It really of depends on you and what your uses are, and planned usage, not
really what others do with the pda.
Some people I know are happy with a 64Mb card with space left, others have
almost full 512Mb cards. One has over 2Gb on his card (CFII IBM type).

Think about what you will use it for.

"Patrick" <patrickm@spamsonic.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> just wondering how many of you guys are using memory cards and what size
is
> the most prevailent? eg. 256mb vs 512mb ?
> All views very welcome.
> Patrick

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 16, 2004 10:15:57 PM

I use two 512 meg sd cards mostly for games, video's large files and maps.
I'm using an ipaq 5555 so I have all my apps installed on the device and I
just keep other data on my cards. This way all the programs on my ipaq
function with/without the sd card.

rights...

"Patrick" <patrickm@spamsonic.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> just wondering how many of you guys are using memory cards and what size
> is
> the most prevailent? eg. 256mb vs 512mb ?
> All views very welcome.
> Patrick

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 17, 2004 3:01:12 AM

I'm using a 256MB, mostly to store programs, so I can have the maximum
possible free on the device itself. It's 75% full, with a couple of Sprite
Backup files in it... I was really thinking of getting a 512MB card though,
so I could have some songs available there.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> It really of depends on you and what your uses are, and planned usage, not
> really what others do with the pda.
> Some people I know are happy with a 64Mb card with space left, others have
> almost full 512Mb cards. One has over 2Gb on his card (CFII IBM type).
>
> Think about what you will use it for.
>

> "Patrick" <patrickm@spamsonic.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > just wondering how many of you guys are using memory cards and what
size
> is
> > the most prevailent? eg. 256mb vs 512mb ?
> > All views very welcome.
> > Patrick

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 18, 2004 6:25:16 AM

>I'm using an ipaq 5555 so I have all my apps installed on the device and I
>just keep other data on my cards. This way all the programs on my ipaq
>function with/without the sd card.

Further to this, how much, if any, memory should one leave free on the iPaq
itself, to allow efficient operation? Or will there always be enough free
memory for programs to run?

I have as few apps as possible installed on my iPaq 2210 (only essential ones
like Pocket Phojo, AOL, Battery Bar, Circond for wi-fi, and Resco Explorer),
and everything else is on one of two 256mb SD cards, for general use, and one
solely for TomTom 3 and maps.

Andrew H

replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers you
meet ;-)
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 18, 2004 6:25:17 AM

Enough memory to run your biggest program properly.
Which program that is, however.. depends on what you installed.

~S.

ajh400@aol.comkillspam (AJH400) wrote in

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.