Get keyboard to work through a usb port

The power went off and now my keyboard port locks up all
input.

If I have a keyboard connected, as soon as I hit a key,
the computer doesn't seem to accept input anymore.

I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue.

But If I can get my keyboard to work through a USB port
then I won't have to worry about it. When I plug it into a
USB port it recognizes the hardware, but then says it
can't find it. How Can I fix this????
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard work port

    Robert, you have to go into the Bios and enable the USB port and assign
    a IRQ to it.
    "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The power went off and now my keyboard port locks up all
    > input.
    >
    > If I have a keyboard connected, as soon as I hit a key,
    > the computer doesn't seem to accept input anymore.
    >
    > I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue.
    >
    > But If I can get my keyboard to work through a USB port
    > then I won't have to worry about it. When I plug it into a
    > USB port it recognizes the hardware, but then says it
    > can't find it. How Can I fix this????

Hardware USB Keyboards Windows XP