individual files cannot be deleted from CD-RW discs - Wind..

Does anyone have a fix for the above?

Per Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 324129 (also see
303008) "To work around this problem, either use a third-
party program that supports this feature or erase the CD-
RW before you write to the disc."

Can someone recommend a third-party program that supports
this feature i.e. deleting individual files.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service
Pack 1.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Try www.roxio.com or www.nero.com

"Gunter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1d6ef01c453ae$3a15d220$a001280a@phx.gbl...
| Does anyone have a fix for the above?
|
| Per Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 324129 (also see
| 303008) "To work around this problem, either use a third-
| party program that supports this feature or erase the CD-
| RW before you write to the disc."
|
| Can someone recommend a third-party program that supports
| this feature i.e. deleting individual files.
|
| I am running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service
| Pack 1.
|
| Thanks in advance for any and all help.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:28:43 -0700, "Gunter"

>Does anyone have a fix for the above?
>
>Per Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 324129 (also see
>303008) "To work around this problem, either use a third-
>party program that supports this feature or erase the CD-
>RW before you write to the disc."
>
>Can someone recommend a third-party program that supports
>this feature i.e. deleting individual files.
>
>I am running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service
>Pack 1.
>
>Thanks in advance for any and all help.

You are looking for a UDF, or packet-writing, program. Both Roxio and
Ahead Nero make these.

They won't help you delete individual files on the CDRWs you've made
with the XP inbuilt burning system though. It Masters CDRWs, and
doesn't use the UDF Formatting system. You can only erase the entire
CDRW. Installing the UDF software on your computer won't enable you
to erase single files from CDRWs you've already created prior to
installing said UDF software.

Thank you for your help. On my old laptop I used Roxio
Direct CD 5.10(115) and it seemed unstable/unreliable. Is
there a particular UDF software that you would recommend?

Thanks again.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:01:30 -0700, "Gunter"

Me? I don't use ANY UDF software and don't recommend anyone else to
either. UDF works great until it doesn't - at which point you are
left with a trashed disc and files that are pretty much lost forever.

Roxio has mde HUGE changes to Easy CD and DirectCD! You could see if Roxio
7 would work for you?