BACK LIGHT FOR LAPTOP

THE BACK LIGHT ON MY LAPTOP WENT OUT LAST NIGHT. I SPOKE WITH TECH SUPPORT AND THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD COST $700.00 TO FIX THE PROBLEM. CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM ON MY OWN? AND WHERE CAN YOU PURCHASE THE LIGHT AND APPROX HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST? HOW DIFFICULT WOULD IT BE TO DO?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"SUZUKIGSXR30044" <SUZUKIGSXR30044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9904472F-B7E2-4D62-AD53-84EC3A43B61C@microsoft.com...
> THE BACK LIGHT ON MY LAPTOP WENT OUT LAST NIGHT. I SPOKE WITH TECH SUPPORT
> AND THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD COST $700.00 TO FIX THE PROBLEM. CAN I FIX THIS
> PROBLEM ON MY OWN? AND WHERE CAN YOU PURCHASE THE LIGHT AND APPROX HOW
> MUCH WOULD IT COST? HOW DIFFICULT WOULD IT BE TO DO?

Lose the caps!

Anyway, I take it you don't have a warranty with it. Be sure before some
tech talks you into buying something you are due for no cost as part of the
warranty. Otherwise, you need to get it repaired (Backlight being the
lighting to make the images of the LCD screen visible)

Do a search using Google................................Last month I fixed
my Toshiba that had the same trouble (no backlight) in 10 minutes by
re-inserting the loose cable to the backlight.

Tom

"SUZUKIGSXR30044" <SUZUKIGSXR30044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9904472F-B7E2-4D62-AD53-84EC3A43B61C@microsoft.com...
> THE BACK LIGHT ON MY LAPTOP WENT OUT LAST NIGHT. I SPOKE WITH TECH SUPPORT
AND THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD COST $700.00 TO FIX THE PROBLEM. CAN I FIX THIS
PROBLEM ON MY OWN? AND WHERE CAN YOU PURCHASE THE LIGHT AND APPROX HOW MUCH
WOULD IT COST? HOW DIFFICULT WOULD IT BE TO DO?

chrism

At a guess, I would say it would not be possible to do this yourself. Even
assuming you can get hold of a new back-light, taking a laptop screen apart
would not be a simple job.
If your only other option is to bin the laptop, then I suppose you've got
nothing to lose and could give it a try, but otherwise, I wouldn't recommend
it...

PS, using ALL CAPITALS in a newsgroup posting is considered shouting, and is
bad manners. Some people will ignore messages that are written like this.

Cheers, ;-)

ChrisM