Using Intellitype 5.0 with a Wireless Optical Desktop Pro ..

My wireless keyboard does not communicate with my
computer. The Intellitype software does not show any
driver for the wireless keyboard under the Hardware Tab. I
have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver multiple times
but to no avail. I did get the keyboard working once
(this was done by plugging the wireless keyboard in before
disappeared from the Hardware Tab after loading up XP. The
receiver acknowledges the num lock and func lock button
presses by changing its leds. It also acknowledges a
channel interrupt from the keyboard. I have verified that
the plug to the PS/2 port is secure and it is connected
the correct port. My optical wireless mouse functions
flawlessly with the receiver, so I doubt that the receiver
is faulty. I inserted two new AA Alkaline batteries. I
have changed channels to ensure signal quality. I have
pretty much exhausted all the troubleshooting found both
online and in the help menu. I'm looking for any advice
short of returning the keyboard to Microsoft for a
replacement (the keyboard is still under warranty but I
would prefer to resolve the issue without replacing the
keyboard)

If you are able to, try the keyboard plugged into a USB
port instead of the PS/2 port . . .

Good Luck !

TRENDING THREADS