P3B-F finally dead?

Please tell me if my trusty P3B-F has finally bitten the dust. When I boot
the machine (I have bios 1008b4) it counts the memory just fine, then it
stops and gives a continuous squeal right at the point where it says "Award
Plug and Play BIOS Exension v1.0A," with a blinking cursor under the A. It
will not let me into the setup screens.

Thanks for any info...

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Please tell me if my trusty P3B-F has finally bitten the dust. When I
> boot
> the machine (I have bios 1008b4) it counts the memory just fine, then it
> stops and gives a continuous squeal right at the point where it says
> "Award
> Plug and Play BIOS Exension v1.0A," with a blinking cursor under the A.
> It
> will not let me into the setup screens.
>
> Thanks for any info...

Try to clear the CMos. There is a jumper on the board, look it up in the
manual, remove the power cord, close the jumper and leave it on for at least
30 secs. Then put it back and try to enter setup again. If this doesnt work,
tell me if the boot screnn shows the CPU clock an type, if not it might be
the CPU

Frank