A7V600-X sound probs

I just bought a new pc with a Asus mobo, but i cant get the onboard
soundcard to work.
I installed drivers from the cd that came with the mobo, i downloaded the
latest drivers en installed them.
WinXP (SP2) tells that the audio device works fine, but still no sound.
I tried 2 different speaker sets.
What to do, what to do.
3 answers Last reply
More about a7v600 sound probs

    ...::Hans::.. wrote:

    > I just bought a new pc with a Asus mobo, but i cant get the onboard
    > soundcard to work.
    > I installed drivers from the cd that came with the mobo, i downloaded the
    > latest drivers en installed them.
    > WinXP (SP2) tells that the audio device works fine, but still no sound.
    > I tried 2 different speaker sets.
    > What to do, what to do.

    Check carefully to ensure you don't have sound muted in your software.

    --
    Bill Anderson

    I am the Mighty Favog

    "Bill Anderson" <billanderson601@DONTWANTSPAMyahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    > ..::Hans::.. wrote:
    >
    >> I just bought a new pc with a Asus mobo, but i cant get the onboard
    >> soundcard to work.
    >> I installed drivers from the cd that came with the mobo, i downloaded the
    >> latest drivers en installed them.
    >> WinXP (SP2) tells that the audio device works fine, but still no sound.
    >> I tried 2 different speaker sets.
    >> What to do, what to do.
    >>

    > Check carefully to ensure you don't have sound muted in your software.
    >
    > --
    > Bill Anderson
    >
    > I am the Mighty Favog

    No sound muted, just dont work.
    I can connect my speaker sysytem also by USB, no probs then.
    It overrules the existing soundcard i think and the sound goes through a
    sort of build in sound card in my speaker system. ( i guess).
    So i got sound now, but not through the onboard sound card.

    It DOES work on my ASUS A7V600-X (XP SP1 and MandrakeLinux 10.0)!
    I only used it for a few weeks - until I bought an Audigy 2 ZS card.

    1. Check the BIOS to see if the onboard AD1888 is enabled (3 values
    automatic - enabled - disabled; both automatic and enabled should do
    it). Of course disconnect your USB-sound when testing this.

    2. Test the sound output plug of your mobo by connecting a simple
    headphones and check if you hear something.

    3. Read the documentation of your speaker system to know how to use them
    as speakers / disable "the internal soundcard" ;-)

    ...::Hans::.. wrote:
    > "Bill Anderson" <billanderson601@DONTWANTSPAMyahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>..::Hans::.. wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just bought a new pc with a Asus mobo, but i cant get the onboard
    >>>soundcard to work.
    >>>I installed drivers from the cd that came with the mobo, i downloaded the
    >>>latest drivers en installed them.
    >>>WinXP (SP2) tells that the audio device works fine, but still no sound.
    >>>I tried 2 different speaker sets.
    >>>What to do, what to do.
    >>>

    >>Check carefully to ensure you don't have sound muted in your software.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Bill Anderson
    >>
    >>I am the Mighty Favog
    >

    > No sound muted, just dont work.
    > I can connect my speaker sysytem also by USB, no probs then.
    > It overrules the existing soundcard i think and the sound goes through a
    > sort of build in sound card in my speaker system. ( i guess).
    > So i got sound now, but not through the onboard sound card.

Asus Drivers Motherboards