A7V600-X sound probs

I just bought a new pc with a Asus mobo, but i cant get the onboard
soundcard to work.
I installed drivers from the cd that came with the mobo, i downloaded the
latest drivers en installed them.
WinXP (SP2) tells that the audio device works fine, but still no sound.
I tried 2 different speaker sets.
What to do, what to do.

...::Hans::.. wrote:

> I just bought a new pc with a Asus mobo, but i cant get the onboard
> soundcard to work.
> I installed drivers from the cd that came with the mobo, i downloaded the
> latest drivers en installed them.
> WinXP (SP2) tells that the audio device works fine, but still no sound.
> I tried 2 different speaker sets.
> What to do, what to do.

Check carefully to ensure you don't have sound muted in your software.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

"Bill Anderson" <billanderson601@DONTWANTSPAMyahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> ..::Hans::.. wrote:
>
>> I just bought a new pc with a Asus mobo, but i cant get the onboard
>> soundcard to work.
>> I installed drivers from the cd that came with the mobo, i downloaded the
>> latest drivers en installed them.
>> WinXP (SP2) tells that the audio device works fine, but still no sound.
>> I tried 2 different speaker sets.
>> What to do, what to do.
>>

> Check carefully to ensure you don't have sound muted in your software.
>
> --
> Bill Anderson
>
> I am the Mighty Favog

No sound muted, just dont work.
I can connect my speaker sysytem also by USB, no probs then.
It overrules the existing soundcard i think and the sound goes through a
sort of build in sound card in my speaker system. ( i guess).
So i got sound now, but not through the onboard sound card.

It DOES work on my ASUS A7V600-X (XP SP1 and MandrakeLinux 10.0)!
I only used it for a few weeks - until I bought an Audigy 2 ZS card.

1. Check the BIOS to see if the onboard AD1888 is enabled (3 values
automatic - enabled - disabled; both automatic and enabled should do
it). Of course disconnect your USB-sound when testing this.

2. Test the sound output plug of your mobo by connecting a simple
headphones and check if you hear something.

3. Read the documentation of your speaker system to know how to use them
as speakers / disable "the internal soundcard" ;-)