K8N Neo 2 PCI Slots Dead!

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 6:31:09 AM

My brand new socket 939 K8N NEO 2 Platinum mainboard seems to have all of a
sudden lost all PCI slot funcionality. This happened during a system reboot
after installing various MS patches. Now, nothing I put in any PCI slot
gets recognized by Win2K. All MSI utilities show the system to be in "good
health" and PCI slots are "OK".

Anybody have this happen before? Things were working great for the first 2
weeks. Modem, sound and Ultra DMA cards were recognized and working no
problem.

-Bob

More about : k8n neo pci slots dead

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 8:34:15 AM

Sorry about this post to the wrong group. Operator error.

"robertkraml" <robertkraml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My brand new socket 939 K8N NEO 2 Platinum mainboard seems to have all of
> sudden lost all PCI slot funcionality. This happened during a system
reboot
> after installing various MS patches. Now, nothing I put in any PCI slot
> gets recognized by Win2K. All MSI utilities show the system to be in
"good
> health" and PCI slots are "OK".
>
> Anybody have this happen before? Things were working great for the first
2
> weeks. Modem, sound and Ultra DMA cards were recognized and working no
> problem.
>
> -Bob

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 12, 2004 3:25:49 AM

I'm just guessing that you may have found a conflict between your new design
board and XP SP2, if that's what you downloaded. Some other motherboard's
have been reported to have similar problems.

--
DaveW

!