wombat

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi after using a USB 2.0 256mb storage stick, XP Pro
developes an intermittent problem in that it cannot read
the contents on disc put into my DVD/CD combo burner. Has
anyone else encountered this problem?

kawipoo

I have found many of these problems to be a result of third party software
running in the background which interfers with xp.
Some of the ones which can create problems are real player, quicktime, etc.
I would try shutting down these programs via task manager one at a time to
see if one program in particular is causing the problem.
"Wombat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi after using a USB 2.0 256mb storage stick, XP Pro
> developes an intermittent problem in that it cannot read
> the contents on disc put into my DVD/CD combo burner. Has
> anyone else encountered this problem?

I also know that the IPOD's Windows drivers could disable the DVD/CD rom
drives (I experienced it!).

"kawipoo" <xxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have found many of these problems to be a result of third party software
> running in the background which interfers with xp.
> Some of the ones which can create problems are real player, quicktime,
etc.
> I would try shutting down these programs via task manager one at a time to
> see if one program in particular is causing the problem.
> "Wombat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi after using a USB 2.0 256mb storage stick, XP Pro
> > developes an intermittent problem in that it cannot read
> > the contents on disc put into my DVD/CD combo burner. Has
> > anyone else encountered this problem?

TRENDING THREADS