p4c800-e deluxe fast writes?

Maybe I'm going blind or something but I can't find the option in the
BIOS to disable AGP fast writes.

Can someone confirm if its there or not? Am I being incredibly stupid?
(just got the board - running BIOS 1017)

Thanks

Asi
2 answers Last reply
More about p4c800 deluxe fast writes

    In article <8b724324.0409102224.25dfb085@posting.google.com>,
    dippy_x@hotmail.com (Asi) wrote:

    > Maybe I'm going blind or something but I can't find the option in the
    > BIOS to disable AGP fast writes.
    >
    > Can someone confirm if its there or not? Am I being incredibly stupid?
    > (just got the board - running BIOS 1017)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Asi

    Looking at a few manuals, it doesn't seem like the AMI
    BIOS has that setting. Seems it is more of an Award BIOS function.

    With an ATI video card, the SmartGART tab has a control for
    Fast Write. I don't know how Nvidia drivers do it.

    The 875P Northbridge supports Fast Write (AGP Status register
    has that bit set to 1). The AGP Command register allows
    Fast Write to be turned on or off. (But another Intel datasheet
    mentions something about when in AGP 8X , that fast write is
    not optional and will remain enabled, but when I check the AGP
    3.0 spec, it doesn't say anything specific like that.)

    So, the question is, what software can you use to do this
    in Windows ? If you run out of other things to try, there is
    PowerStrip from entechtaiwan.com .

    HTH,
    Paul

    I found it in Catalyst 4.8-->Graphic Settings-->SMARTGART for my ATI card
    (did not see one in the BIOS either)

    MikeSp

    "Asi" <dippy_x@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Maybe I'm going blind or something but I can't find the option in the
    > BIOS to disable AGP fast writes.
    >
    > Can someone confirm if its there or not? Am I being incredibly stupid?
    > (just got the board - running BIOS 1017)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Asi

Asus BIOS Motherboards