Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002

My mouse has gone mad. It seems to have a mind of its own and fly's back
and forward across the screen. Sometimes it gets stuck on the left or right
side of the screen and won't move anywhere but up and down.
I've tried a new mouse, same thing happens. Even checked for viruses,
nothing.
Any Ideas, its driving me mad!!!
Thanks

Download the latest drivers for your video card.
If that does not solve the problem, replace your
video card as it may be defective.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Sandy" <sandymill@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

| My mouse has gone mad. It seems to have a mind of its own and fly's back
| and forward across the screen. Sometimes it gets stuck on the left or right
| side of the screen and won't move anywhere but up and down.
| I've tried a new mouse, same thing happens. Even checked for viruses,
| nothing.
| Any Ideas, its driving me mad!!!
| Thanks

chrism

I doubt this is your problem, but it will take seconds to try
Are you in a very bright (sunlit) location?
If you are, try draping a cloth over your mouse. I have seen problems
similar to this caused by the sunlight interfering with the optical
components of the mouse. (especially older 'ball' mice)

ChrisM

"Sandy" <sandymill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My mouse has gone mad. It seems to have a mind of its own and fly's back
> and forward across the screen. Sometimes it gets stuck on the left or
right
> side of the screen and won't move anywhere but up and down.
> I've tried a new mouse, same thing happens. Even checked for viruses,
> nothing.
> Any Ideas, its driving me mad!!!
> Thanks

First, what type of mouse?