Trouble with new K8N-E Deluxe

I'm having some issues with my new K8N-E Deluxe motherboard. They may
be related to each other.

CPU = Athlon 64 3000+ S754
RAM = 2x 512MB Corsair PC3200
OS = Windows XP SP2

(1) Cool 'n' Quiet does not work--CPU and voltage stay at max all the
time. At least, until...
(2) System wakes up from standby at 800MHz, and does not ever throttle
back up to full speed without a hard boot.
(3) Smart Q-Fan function--when this is enabled and the system is booted
up cold, the CPU is below 35C, so the CPU fan is turned off. But the
left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing--I get a "CPU Fan
Failed" error message. Not a huge deal, but if my fan actually does
fail, I probably won't know until the system becomes unstable.
2 answers Last reply
More about trouble deluxe

    > (2) System wakes up from standby at 800MHz, and does not ever throttle
    > back up to full speed without a hard boot.

    For what it's worth, I tried disabling Cool N Quiet in the BIOS, and
    this had no effect on the resume-from-standby-at-800MHz problem.

    Both CPU-Z and WCPUID report 800MHz after standby, BTW.

    In CMOS setup:

    1. In Advanced | CPU Configuration, enable AMD Cool 'N Quiet
    Configuration. (I had this much done.)

    2. In Power, enable ACPI 2.0 Support. (It was off by default.)

    In Windows XP:

    3. Download the 1.1.0.14 driver, ZIP version, from AMD's website. The
    EXE failed to install the newer driver, but manually installing the
    driver from the ZIP archive worked.

    Now the A64 3000+ processor runs at 1GHz, 1.1v when idle, and the idle
    temperature has dropped from 46C to 36C.

Asus CPUs Motherboards