CUV4X suddenly died, board seems shorted, wont power up.

Anyone seen any probs like this that can be solved?
The board was working just fine, then refused to boot, powers up for 1
second, wont power up on cardboard, onboard MB light not working.\
Gordon

Paul

Splendid

In article <41449FF3.18BB7F5E@shaw.ca>, Gordon Scott
<gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

> Anyone seen any probs like this that can be solved?
> The board was working just fine, then refused to boot, powers up for 1
> second, wont power up on cardboard, onboard MB light not working.\
> Gordon

Maybe PSU +5VSB is failing ? Have you tried another PSU ?

Paul

Paul wrote:

> In article <41449FF3.18BB7F5E@shaw.ca>, Gordon Scott
> <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:
>
> > Anyone seen any probs like this that can be solved?
> > The board was working just fine, then refused to boot, powers up for 1
> > second, wont power up on cardboard, onboard MB light not working.\
> > Gordon
>
> Maybe PSU +5VSB is failing ? Have you tried another PSU ?
>
> Paul

yes and the intial one tested fine with a stupid plugin troubleshooter.

Either your power supply or your motherboard has failed. Or possibly both.
The easiest thing to try first is replacing the power supply unit with a
known working one.

--
DaveW

"Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Anyone seen any probs like this that can be solved?
> The board was working just fine, then refused to boot, powers up for 1
> second, wont power up on cardboard, onboard MB light not working.\
> Gordon

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Gordon,
This is a nornal type of death for that MB. I had two of them just die for
no reason in the past. All had been working normal and on reboot they were
gone. I ended up with a new MB, a biostar M6VLQ-A003 that was cheap and
works great.
Bob

> Either your power supply or your motherboard has failed. Or possibly
> both. The easiest thing to try first is replacing the power supply unit
> with a known working one.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Anyone seen any probs like this that can be solved?
>> The board was working just fine, then refused to boot, powers up for 1
>> second, wont power up on cardboard, onboard MB light not working.\
>> Gordon

TRENDING THREADS