Monitor color problems

I recently bought a new monitor (AMW CM1772PF), but it
will not display the color red. It shows green and blue
just fine, but Windows XP won't do red. I don't think
it's a problem with the monitor itself, because when I use
the buttons on the monitor to adjust the colors, the
monitor setup screen shows red just fine - but in the
background is the Windows desktop w/o red. Can anyone
help?

Check cable, sounds like a bent pin....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"peltzerpet" <peltzerpet@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I recently bought a new monitor (AMW CM1772PF), but it
> will not display the color red. It shows green and blue
> just fine, but Windows XP won't do red. I don't think
> it's a problem with the monitor itself, because when I use
> the buttons on the monitor to adjust the colors, the
> monitor setup screen shows red just fine - but in the
> background is the Windows desktop w/o red. Can anyone
> help?

peter

check the connection adaptor at both ends, monitor and vedio card.
Unplug both adaptors and check for bent pin(s)
--
Peter

"peltzerpet" wrote:

> I recently bought a new monitor (AMW CM1772PF), but it
> will not display the color red. It shows green and blue
> just fine, but Windows XP won't do red. I don't think
> it's a problem with the monitor itself, because when I use
> the buttons on the monitor to adjust the colors, the
> monitor setup screen shows red just fine - but in the
> background is the Windows desktop w/o red. Can anyone
> help?

No external signal to the Red channel. Bum connector, cable or card.