SMART monitoring on P4PE w/ Promise 376

Hi everybody,

I have a system based on a P4PE board. I have a Parallel ATA hard drive
connected to the Promise 376 RAID controller.
The above mentioned disk is developing bad sectors. I am trying to monitor
SMART data for this drive, but I was not able to find any tool capable of
retrieving SMART data from disk connected to the RAID controller.

Do you know of any tool which works through this controller?

Kind regards
1 answer Last reply
More about smart monitoring p4pe promise

    Maybe you could use SmartUdm
    http://www.sysinfolab.com/download.htm

    But I think it's best to disengage the drive temporarily from the RAID
    array, connect it to a regular IDE port and use the utility from the
    drive manufacturer to check the disk.
    You don't like to keep an IDE harddisk that shows bad sectors in a RAID
    array anyway!

    -=_ Antani _=- wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I have a system based on a P4PE board. I have a Parallel ATA hard drive
    > connected to the Promise 376 RAID controller.
    > The above mentioned disk is developing bad sectors. I am trying to monitor
    > SMART data for this drive, but I was not able to find any tool capable of
    > retrieving SMART data from disk connected to the RAID controller.
    >
    > Do you know of any tool which works through this controller?
    >
    > Kind regards

Asus NAS / RAID Controller Motherboards