Hard drive partitions

I have this hard drive with two partitions on it the first C: is formated 32 fat with ME on it and the second is E: formated NTFS with XP on it how do i get rid of fat32 as i do not want ME and then i can make the C: NTFS XP
Thank you for any and all help
--
DJD

You'll need to perform a "Clean Install" of Windows XP.

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"DAVJON" <jondavidd@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message:

|I have this hard drive with two partitions on it the first C: is formated 32 fat with ME on it and the second
is E: formated NTFS with XP on it how do i get rid of fat32 as i do not want ME and then i can make the C:
NTFS XP
| Thank you for any and all help
| --
| DJD

> "DAVJON" <jondavidd@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message:
>news:184CD2A1-7D35-4A05-9324-EA2526D12D02@microsoft.com... |I have
>this hard drive with two partitions on it the first C: is formated 32
>fat with ME on it and the second is E: formated NTFS with XP on it
>how do i get rid of fat32 as i do not want ME and then i can make the
>C: NTFS XP

Partition Magic is the tool to use for this. You delete the ME
partition and them expand the NTFS partition. You need to do
soomething to save and recreate the boot.ini and ntldr files that are
in C, first. I've never done exactly this move, but it should be possible.

Backup you data, first.

--
Al Dykes
-----------

> > "DAVJON" <jondavidd@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message:
> >news:184CD2A1-7D35-4A05-9324-EA2526D12D02@microsoft.com... |I have
> >this hard drive with two partitions on it the first C: is formated 32
> >fat with ME on it and the second is E: formated NTFS with XP on it
> >how do i get rid of fat32 as i do not want ME and then i can make the
> >C: NTFS XP
>
> Partition Magic is the tool to use for this. You delete the ME
> partition and them expand the NTFS partition. You need to do
> soomething to save and recreate the boot.ini and ntldr files that are
> in C, first. I've never done exactly this move, but it should be
possible.

> Backup you data, first.
>

> --
> Al Dykes
> adykes at p a n i x . c o m

While it is true that Partition Magic can move partitions about,
the OP will still not be able to use his existing WinXP installation
on drive C:. It saw the light of the day on drive E: and it will end
its life on drive E:. As Carey Frisch wrote, the OP must re-install
WinXP.