BENQ DVDRW/CDRW Unrecognized

Just bought a BENQ DVD rewriter/CD rewriter only to find
that it is unrecognized by Windows XP. It doesn't even
show up in Explorer or the Add Hardware Wizard. It is
workable during startup before Windows starts - its tray
opens/closes. I've heard it is an ATAPI drive. I've made
it both slave and master on the secondary IDE slot. I've
checked all cables. Help.

"Not Needed" <WakWolff@msn.com> wrote in message
> Just bought a BENQ DVD rewriter/CD rewriter only to find
> that it is unrecognized by Windows XP. It doesn't even
> show up in Explorer or the Add Hardware Wizard. It is
> workable during startup before Windows starts - its tray
> opens/closes. I've heard it is an ATAPI drive. I've made
> it both slave and master on the secondary IDE slot. I've
> checked all cables. Help.

does it show up in device manager ?

--
..

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You may need to use cable select, not all sysems use the master/slave
setting for devices.
Richard