PC Shuts downs then re-starts immediately. Help

I recently installed a firewire IEEE 1394 Firewire card.
As soon as i slotted it in the PC started booting up.
When i try to shutdown it goes through the correct
process and shuts down but then within a couple of
seconds re starts up again. I presume it has something to
do with the firewire card as it hasn't happened before. I
have unchecked the box in Device manager that
says "enable this device to power up from standby" but
still it automatically starts up. Please help.

Many thanks
Julie

"Julie Graham" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed a firewire IEEE 1394 Firewire card.
> As soon as i slotted it in the PC started booting up.
> When i try to shutdown it goes through the correct
> process and shuts down but then within a couple of
> seconds re starts up again. I presume it has something to
> do with the firewire card as it hasn't happened before. I
> have unchecked the box in Device manager that
> says "enable this device to power up from standby" but
> still it automatically starts up. Please help.
>
> Many thanks
> Julie

did you insert the card whilst the pc was pluged in ???

--
If the information posted above helps then let me know.
If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.