A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0 and SATA

OK.........I'm currently using a Hitachi 160gig SATA
It works just fine.......actually my whole system working error free and has
been for almost a year.
However, I'm kinda lazy and as and I'm up to 85 gig of usage.............not
backed-up.
This laziness issue has me thinking......buy another 160gig, make equal size
partitions on current and new drives and then RAID 0 the 4 partitions;
ghosting the back 2 to the front 2.
SO.........will that SATA/RAID utility at boot-up accomidate performing this
setup.
I realize I gotta bunch of pre-backing of current content and some juggling
to do and am attempting to regenerate a previous ata drive setup that should
contain my current windows XP setup(as a back-up system drive) and can move
enough content off of my current 160 gig SATA so as to fit it onto one of
the 4 partitions and am hoping to shift my current setup into the ghosted
RAID0 setup.
I have My doubts...............
Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Paul

Paul W wrote:
> OK.........I'm currently using a Hitachi 160gig SATA
> It works just fine.......actually my whole system working error free
> and has been for almost a year.
> However, I'm kinda lazy and as and I'm up to 85 gig of
> usage.............not backed-up.
> This laziness issue has me thinking......buy another 160gig, make
> equal size partitions on current and new drives and then RAID 0 the 4
> partitions; ghosting the back 2 to the front 2.
> SO.........will that SATA/RAID utility at boot-up accomidate
> performing this setup.

It's a bit difficult to see what you mean. What I can say, is that a RAID-0
will not mean any data redundancy at all, so your data will not be backed up
with this approach. In fact your data will be more at risk with this setup,
than it already is.
I think, on the other hand, that you can add another disk and configure a
RAID-1 setup.
For important data, a RAID-1 is not sufficient either, and you will need a
separate backup system.
It has been shown that RAID-0 only has advantages for very specific
purposes, and not for the ordinary web surfer/gamer. So it's not recommended
unless you know that the benefits will outweigh the drawbacks for your
specific setup.