Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Pioneer DVR 105 drive that is listed under unknown in device
manager even though it shows the correct name and properties.
I couldn't find an updated driver and tried to update the firmware but that
couldn't find the drive.
The drive seems to working OK but doesn't refresh when I remove a CD from
it.
I'm using XP Pro SP1 with all updates.

Is there anything I can do to put this right?

Thanks.

I have the same model dvd drive, but my problem is with the original cd/dvd
combo drive after installing the new pioneer dvd writer drive the original
drive doesn't refresh after inserting new cd and autoplay doesn't work
either, but for you, if you have 2 drives, put the new one in the master
slot and the older one as the slave drive. that made the new drive show up
for me and it works fine, now I have to configure my original drive to get
it to work properly. I know there's a way as I did it before, it just some
weird combination of settings.....good luck!

"Neil" <sherbaal@ yahoodotcom> wrote in message
> I have a Pioneer DVR 105 drive that is listed under unknown in device
> manager even though it shows the correct name and properties.
> I couldn't find an updated driver and tried to update the firmware but
that
> couldn't find the drive.
> The drive seems to working OK but doesn't refresh when I remove a CD from
> it.
> I'm using XP Pro SP1 with all updates.
>
> Is there anything I can do to put this right?
>
> Thanks.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007