USB GAMEPAD HELP !!!!!

I am having some problems setting up my gamepad on windows xp i have downloaded ever fix that i can find and updated all my system and hardware drivers but xp will not set-up the controller this is the second one that i have gotten i and i still get the same problem "unknown device" message i have other usb devices that i am running and they work find its just the game controllers will not set up... i know there are some hard core gamers out there having the same problem will take any help i can get thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about gamepad

    Did you install the software BEFORE you connected the gamepad? What make
    and model gamepad is it?
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Redfield" <Redfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having some problems setting up my gamepad on windows xp i have
    >downloaded ever fix that i can find and updated all my system and hardware
    >drivers but xp will not set-up the controller this is the second one that i
    >have gotten i and i still get the same problem "unknown device" message i
    >have other usb devices that i am running and they work find its just the
    >game controllers will not set up... i know there are some hard core gamers
    >out there having the same problem will take any help i can get thanks.

Hardware Gamepad Windows XP