DVD-RW detects media, but will not open it

Hi,

I have a Pioneer DVR-A05 DVD-R/-RW, which is detected up
XP. For sometime had been opperating fine, however over
the last little while it has not been repsonding well. At
this current point in time when a CD or DVD is inserted it
will recognize the media, however when I try to open the
CD/DVD the computer becomes bogged down (as if something is
stuck in the memory). It will not autorun anything, nore
will it let me explore.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew, if you know which IDE Channel on the Motherboard the Dvd is
connected to, I would try rt
clicking MyComputer>Select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI
Controllers expand
rt click on the Primary or Secondary whichever has the Dvd and then
choose Uninstall. Restart and let
XP reinstall it. That works for my Plextor Cdrw drive wacky though
it may be.
"Andrew Perkins" <wgw14@accesswave.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Pioneer DVR-A05 DVD-R/-RW, which is detected up
> XP. For sometime had been opperating fine, however over
> the last little while it has not been repsonding well. At
> this current point in time when a CD or DVD is inserted it
> will recognize the media, however when I try to open the
> CD/DVD the computer becomes bogged down (as if something is
> stuck in the memory). It will not autorun anything, nore
> will it let me explore.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

Thank's for the suggestion, Rich, however this tactic was
not sucessful. :(