how do i get my SD card to be read by my pc?

Glenn

i have a windows xp computer, and i have a memory card
for my sharp gx30, that can supposedly be read by a
computer. i put the card in my Sd port, and nothing
happens! how can i get the card to be read? do i need to
type a code in in the 'run' menu? do i need to download
some software? please help me! thanks in advance!

SD means secure digital. Where is the SD port, is it an
original part of the computer or an add-in? Does the port
show in the device manager?

"glenn" <zoned_out31@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| i have a windows xp computer, and i have a memory card
| for my sharp gx30, that can supposedly be read by a
| computer. i put the card in my Sd port, and nothing
| happens! how can i get the card to be read? do i need to
| type a code in in the 'run' menu? do i need to download
| some software? please help me! thanks in advance!

the port is in the front of the computer below the floopy
disk port, and is an original feature - no nothing shows
up when the card is put in - the computer doesnt make an
attemp to read it - yet it does when something is
connected to the usb port, also at the front of the
computer. what can i do?!

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen,
click on Disk Management. Do you see a "Removable Drive" listed on the
right hand side of the screen? Can you assign it a drive letter?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

> the port is in the front of the computer below the floopy
> disk port, and is an original feature - no nothing shows
> up when the card is put in - the computer doesnt make an
> attemp to read it - yet it does when something is
> connected to the usb port, also at the front of the
> computer. what can i do?!

i did what you said but when i clicked removable storage
nothing came up - it said there was no items to display -
it didnt even attempt to recognise the card :(

Have you looked inside the computer to see if the wires are
connected?