Successful SP2 install with Prescott

I have a P4P800SE running a 3.0 Prescott under Win XP home. There is
nothing unusual about my system other than the presence of two SATA drives,
not running in a RAOD configuration. Last night I updated my bios to 1006
from the ASUS US web (not a German Beta)

The intel cpu identification utility reported revision level 9 under the
older 1005 bios and level 11 (actually displayed as Hexadecimal B) under
bios 1006.

Fortified with this encouragement, I installed SP2 and have encountered no
problems. I have restarted several times without any unusual events.

This suggests that bios 1006 solves the Prescott/SP2 problem for the
P4P800SE.

If any new suprises arise I will post the details as they arise.

That is good to hear. I have a P4P800-E Deluxe with a Prescott and
SP2 trashed the whole thing, system would not boot and I had to do a
repair install. I first tried the latest BIOS (1003 Beta 4) from the
Asus FTP site but that did not make any difference! It appears the
Rev.8 BIOS is not yet available for this MB :( I wonder if the 1018
for the base P4P800 MB will work

Kevin