LAN controller on A7V600-X

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2004 10:21:05 PM

Hello:

Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?

Regards,

Jakob

More about : lan controller a7v600

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2004 10:21:06 PM

Nuggie <user.gs@t-online.de> wrote in news:cif2th$o0l$04$1@news.t-
online.com:

> Hello:
>
> Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
> A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?

Realtek 8201BL

--
Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

In article <cif2th$o0l$04$1@news.t-online.com>, Nuggie
<user.gs@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
> A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jakob

The Via VT8237 Southbridge has an Ethernet MAC layer in it.
The Southbridge connects to a RealTek PHY chip, which
drives the transformers and from there the Ethernet
connector. That is what I see by looking at the picture
in the manual.

HTH,
Paul
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 12:34:30 AM

>>Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
>>A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?
>
> Realtek 8201BL

Aha. Does anyone know why my Winxp SP1 Pre SP 2 box reports a VIA
controller?

Jakob
!