LAN controller on A7V600-X

Hello:

Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?

Regards,

Jakob
3 answers Last reply
More about controller a7v600

    Nuggie <user.gs@t-online.de> wrote in news:cif2th$o0l$04$1@news.t-
    online.com:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
    > A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?

    Realtek 8201BL

    --
    Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
    C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

    In article <cif2th$o0l$04$1@news.t-online.com>, Nuggie
    <user.gs@t-online.de> wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
    > A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Jakob

    The Via VT8237 Southbridge has an Ethernet MAC layer in it.
    The Southbridge connects to a RealTek PHY chip, which
    drives the transformers and from there the Ethernet
    connector. That is what I see by looking at the picture
    in the manual.

    HTH,
    Paul

    >>Just a quick question: What for a controller chip is used on the
    >>A7V600-X board? Is it a VIA-based one?
    >
    > Realtek 8201BL

    Aha. Does anyone know why my Winxp SP1 Pre SP 2 box reports a VIA
    controller?

    Jakob

Asus Controller LAN Motherboards