IEEE1394 "Device Cannot Start (Code 10)" after installing ..

My OHCI firewire card disappeared from Device Manager when I installed
a Promise Ultra 66 IDE controller in my Athlon K7T266Pro motherboard.
When I removed the Promise controller I was able to detect the
firewire card again, but its Device Manager properties show:

"This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)"

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the OHCI driver, but to no
avail.

I'm running XP Pro SP1, and the firewire card was working perfectly
right up to the time that I installed the Promise controller.

Does anyone have any ideas??

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about ieee1394 device start code installing

    Turn off the PC, remove the card. Turn on the PC.

    Once it's all running, again turn off the PC. Reinstall the card. Turn on
    the PC. Does it now install the drivers correctly?
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "ITM" <itm@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > My OHCI firewire card disappeared from Device Manager when I installed
    > a Promise Ultra 66 IDE controller in my Athlon K7T266Pro motherboard.
    > When I removed the Promise controller I was able to detect the
    > firewire card again, but its Device Manager properties show:
    >
    > "This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)"
    >
    > I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the OHCI driver, but to no
    > avail.
    >
    > I'm running XP Pro SP1, and the firewire card was working perfectly
    > right up to the time that I installed the Promise controller.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas??
    >
    > TIA

Device Manager Controller Firewire Windows XP