IEEE1394 "Device Cannot Start (Code 10)" after installing ..

June 20, 2004 1:50:58 AM

My OHCI firewire card disappeared from Device Manager when I installed
a Promise Ultra 66 IDE controller in my Athlon K7T266Pro motherboard.
When I removed the Promise controller I was able to detect the
firewire card again, but its Device Manager properties show:

"This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)"

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the OHCI driver, but to no
avail.

I'm running XP Pro SP1, and the firewire card was working perfectly
right up to the time that I installed the Promise controller.

Does anyone have any ideas??

TIA
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 4:18:28 PM

Turn off the PC, remove the card. Turn on the PC.

Once it's all running, again turn off the PC. Reinstall the card. Turn on
the PC. Does it now install the drivers correctly?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

!