Reformating Hard Drive

I have the sasser virus and it cannot be removed. How do
I reformat my hard drive?
2 answers Last reply
More about reformating hard drive

    It CAN be removed . . .
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    Pam, hopefully you have a WinXP CD or at least a Recovery Disk to
    reinstall your OS. If the former, then
    on Startup Tap the Delete button until you get the Bios. From there set
    the Cdrom as first boot device.
    You can use the XP cd to create, delete and format partitions. If the
    latter, then go here and download a
    bootdisk. www.bootdisk.com Set the A: or Floppy Drive as first
    boot device and when at the
    command prompt. A:\ type: format C: Check here for a better
    http://www.lairgauche.com/format-fdisk-drive.html

    Save any important files before you format.

    "Pam T" <pamtpooh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have the sasser virus and it cannot be removed. How do
    > I reformat my hard drive?

Hardware Virus Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP