Reformating Hard Drive

June 19, 2004 11:23:05 PM

I have the sasser virus and it cannot be removed. How do
I reformat my hard drive?

More about : reformating hard drive

Anonymous
June 19, 2004 11:47:06 PM

Pam, hopefully you have a WinXP CD or at least a Recovery Disk to
reinstall your OS. If the former, then
on Startup Tap the Delete button until you get the Bios. From there set
the Cdrom as first boot device.
You can use the XP cd to create, delete and format partitions. If the
latter, then go here and download a
bootdisk. www.bootdisk.com Set the A: or Floppy Drive as first
boot device and when at the
command prompt. A:\ type: format C: Check here for a better
http://www.lairgauche.com/format-fdisk-drive.html

Save any important files before you format.

!