Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

More important to update BIOS or driver?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 12:27:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
driver.
thanks

bye Adriano
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 1:08:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Both equally important.

"Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p 8snk054ro4rnmsn37rra02hufoodssskj@4ax.com...
> Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
> driver.
> thanks
>
> bye Adriano
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 1:34:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

More important to wipe or change your drawers...
"Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p 8snk054ro4rnmsn37rra02hufoodssskj@4ax.com...
> Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
> driver.
> thanks
>
> bye Adriano
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2004 3:02:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a specific
problem that the new BIOS version solves. Updating the BIOS is a good way
to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

--
DaveW



"Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p 8snk054ro4rnmsn37rra02hufoodssskj@4ax.com...
> Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
> driver.
> thanks
>
> bye Adriano
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2004 3:22:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p 8snk054ro4rnmsn37rra02hufoodssskj@4ax.com...
> Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
> driver.

Do both. BIOS today and driver day after tomorrow.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2004 3:23:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
news:D 833d.70594$D%.10382@attbi_s51...
> Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a
specific
> problem that the new BIOS version solves.

Nonsense.

> Updating the BIOS is a good way
> to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

Only for cretins.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2004 4:27:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
news:sr33d.391295$OB3.555@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
> news:D 833d.70594$D%.10382@attbi_s51...
>> Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a
> specific
>> problem that the new BIOS version solves.
>
> Nonsense.
>
>> Updating the BIOS is a good way
>> to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.
>
> Only for cretins.

Ron, you are completely correct, pretty rare these days to have any problems
flashing firmware of any kind as long as it is the correct firmware for the
hardware.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2004 4:45:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
news:En43d.35355$D7.14070@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>
> "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
> news:sr33d.391295$OB3.555@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> >
> > "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
> > news:D 833d.70594$D%.10382@attbi_s51...
> >> Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a
> > specific
> >> problem that the new BIOS version solves.
> >
> > Nonsense.
> >
> >> Updating the BIOS is a good way
> >> to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.
> >
> > Only for cretins.
>
> Ron, you are completely correct, pretty rare these days to have any
problems
> flashing firmware of any kind as long as it is the correct firmware for
the
> hardware.

Exactly. Pay attention, get the right version, wait for Ivan to pass then
flash.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2004 4:47:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

A major issue that keeps being skipped is that new BIOS versions usually
contain much more than what they spec like later CPU microcode. Get the
latest for all the unseen reasons and stay current.
!