More important to update BIOS or driver?

Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
driver.
thanks

bye Adriano
8 answers Last reply
More about more important update bios driver

    Both equally important.

    "Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
    > driver.
    > thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    More important to wipe or change your drawers...
    "Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
    > driver.
    > thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a specific
    problem that the new BIOS version solves. Updating the BIOS is a good way
    to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

    --
    DaveW

    "Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
    > driver.
    > thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    "Adriano" <ashuat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
    > driver.

    Do both. BIOS today and driver day after tomorrow.

    > Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a
    specific
    > problem that the new BIOS version solves.

    Nonsense.

    > Updating the BIOS is a good way
    > to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

    Only for cretins.

    "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message

    > "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
    >> Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a
    > specific
    >> problem that the new BIOS version solves.
    >
    > Nonsense.
    >
    >> Updating the BIOS is a good way
    >> to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.
    >
    > Only for cretins.

    Ron, you are completely correct, pretty rare these days to have any problems
    flashing firmware of any kind as long as it is the correct firmware for the
    hardware.

    > "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
    > >> Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a
    > > specific
    > >> problem that the new BIOS version solves.
    > >
    > > Nonsense.
    > >
    > >> Updating the BIOS is a good way
    > >> to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.
    > >
    > > Only for cretins.
    >
    > Ron, you are completely correct, pretty rare these days to have any
    problems
    > flashing firmware of any kind as long as it is the correct firmware for
    the
    > hardware.

    Exactly. Pay attention, get the right version, wait for Ivan to pass then
    flash.

    A major issue that keeps being skipped is that new BIOS versions usually
    contain much more than what they spec like later CPU microcode. Get the
    latest for all the unseen reasons and stay current.

Asus BIOS Motherboards