Wireless network lost file sharing for no reason

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
December 30, 2004 11:55:02 PM

Hi all,
I've read throuhg many posts with similar titles but noen have come to a
solution. I have three computers on my network A desktop wired to a router,
a laptop with only wiress access, and a mini-laptop with both wireless and
Hard wire capabilities.
all can access the internet and see the router, the latop cannot see any
other computer on the network. The mini-laptop can see and share if it is
hardwired to the router, but not if it connects through wireless It can only
see and share files with the desktop.

The reason I am confused about this it that it used to work and nothing
changed. After downloading SP2 it worked for about 1 month. In early
december, it still worked. I turned the mini-laptop off. Next time I turned
it on, I had no file sharing. Similar symptoms as the others have posted.
Sig strength excellent, can access the Internet, but cannot share files.
Firewalls are down, and IP configured manually. When I try to repair the
connection I get a massage that says the network adapter cannot be repaired
bacause it is in use. If plug in the cable all is well.

I talkes with someone tonight who said he had a similar problem and had
install ipx/spx to fix it. When I went to do that I saw there was a tcp/ip 6
available. Will installing either of these restore the system to the way it
worked, and should still? And if I try one or both, is it likly to cause
further problems?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 31, 2004 4:17:25 PM