K8N-E Deluxe and Windows XP 64 Bit 1218

Hi All,

I have the following setup and having troubles with XP 64 bit build 1218:

Asus K8N-E Deluxe (BIOS 1005)
WD 120G SATA HDD
2x512MB DDR-466 KINGMAX RAM
Athlon64 3200+

I get about 2 minutes into the installation from CD and get the BSOD, with a
STOP 0x0000001E error.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, if so is there a workaround for
it??

I also have a problem with Windows XP (32 bit) SP2 - system completely
freezes when doing video editing only - can run Sandra 2004 and Prime95 no
trouble. I am using various video editing packages.

Please help!!

Thanks

Bryon
2 answers Last reply
More about deluxe windows 1218

    In article <414c4691$0$24396$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
    "Bryon van Prooyen" <spamdecoy@not.here> wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have the following setup and having troubles with XP 64 bit build 1218:
    >
    > Asus K8N-E Deluxe (BIOS 1005)
    > WD 120G SATA HDD
    > 2x512MB DDR-466 KINGMAX RAM
    > Athlon64 3200+
    >
    > I get about 2 minutes into the installation from CD and get the BSOD, with a
    > STOP 0x0000001E error.
    >
    > Is anyone else experiencing this problem, if so is there a workaround for
    > it??
    >
    > I also have a problem with Windows XP (32 bit) SP2 - system completely
    > freezes when doing video editing only - can run Sandra 2004 and Prime95 no
    > trouble. I am using various video editing packages.
    >
    > Please help!!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bryon

    Get a copy of memtest86 from memtest.org. Test the memory with it.
    The memory must be error free, before you can consider installing
    or booting an OS. Memtest86 can either be run from a floppy diskette
    or from an ISO CD.

    The best slots for memory are slot 1 and slot 3. Leave slot 2 blank.
    See line 18 of Table 1 in the manual, for proof.

    HTH,
    Paul

    I have fixed the problem!!

    Take the 1218 XP64 ISO, extract the files and the boot loader using
    ISOBUSTER, replace the videoprt.sy_ with the file of the same name from the
    older 1069?? release of XP64 and rebuild the ISO using Nero.

    Installed NO PROBLEMS!!

    Hope this helps someone else.

    Bryon
    > In article <414c4691$0$24396$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
    > "Bryon van Prooyen" <spamdecoy@not.here> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I have the following setup and having troubles with XP 64 bit build
    1218:

    > > Asus K8N-E Deluxe (BIOS 1005)
    > > WD 120G SATA HDD
    > > 2x512MB DDR-466 KINGMAX RAM
    > > Athlon64 3200+
    > >
    > > I get about 2 minutes into the installation from CD and get the BSOD,
    with a
    > > STOP 0x0000001E error.
    > >
    > > Is anyone else experiencing this problem, if so is there a workaround
    for
    > > it??
    > >
    > > I also have a problem with Windows XP (32 bit) SP2 - system completely
    > > freezes when doing video editing only - can run Sandra 2004 and Prime95
    no
    > > trouble. I am using various video editing packages.
    > >
    > > Please help!!
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Bryon
    >
    > Get a copy of memtest86 from memtest.org. Test the memory with it.
    > The memory must be error free, before you can consider installing
    > or booting an OS. Memtest86 can either be run from a floppy diskette
    > or from an ISO CD.
    >
    > The best slots for memory are slot 1 and slot 3. Leave slot 2 blank.
    > See line 18 of Table 1 in the manual, for proof.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Paul

Asus Video Editing Windows XP Motherboards