cd/dvd drives not working

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

for some reason my hp cd-writer and dvd drives do not
work. the dvd drive(E) recognises a disk present but that
is as far as it goes. my hp cd-writer(F)doesnt
acknowledge the presence of any disk. as far as i know i
havent altered any settings, what can i do?

In the control panel go to performance and maintanence>administrative tool>Device manager. Right click on Master IDE controller and select uninstall, do the same for the primary IDE channel and the Secondary IDE channel, restart your computer and it should fix itself

"ken" wrote:

> for some reason my hp cd-writer and dvd drives do not
> work. the dvd drive(E) recognises a disk present but that
> is as far as it goes. my hp cd-writer(F)doesnt
> acknowledge the presence of any disk. as far as i know i
> havent altered any settings, what can i do?

TRENDING THREADS